Take your Spectrum TV experience with you! With the Spectrum TV App, you can enjoy up to 250 live TV channels and up to 30,000 On Demand TV shows and movies when you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home. Plus, when you're on the go, enjoy up to 150 live channels and up to 20,000 On Demand titles anywhere you have an internet connection. (See note on availability below.)
TURN ANY ROOM INTO A TV ROOM
Your subscription to Spectrum TV turns your device into another TV screen and lets you watch live TV and On Demand programming anywhere in your home when connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network. Watch movies from your bedroom, take cooking shows with you to the kitchen or catch up with the news from your breakfast table.
FIND YOUR FAVORITE PROGRAMS
• Filter live TV by category, sort by channel number, network names or program titles and quickly recall recently watched channels.
• Create a personalized guide by setting favorite channels.
• Search by title, person or sports team anywhere in the app.
CONTROL YOUR TV and DVR
Depending on your service area and equipment, you can use your phone or tablet to:
• Change TV channels on your Spectrum receiver.
• Record your favorite TV shows and movies.
• Delete and modify DVR recordings individually or by series.
• Play a DVR recording on your TV (compatible DVRs only).
• Give your Spectrum receivers nicknames to help you know which one you're scheduling recordings on (go to Settings).
SET PARENTAL CONTROLS
When you turn on Parental Controls and set a PIN, you can block shows by channel or rating. You'll need to turn on Parental Controls for each device your household uses, but the channel and rating blocks you set up apply across all devices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE THIS APP
• Available programming is based on your Spectrum TV subscription package and whether or not you're connected to your Spectrum Internet WiFi network at home.
• A Spectrum username and password are required.
• A WiFi or cellular network connection (data charges from your carrier may apply).
• Device Requirements: iPhone (5S or newer), iPad (Air, Pro, 5th gen or newer and mini 2 or newer), or iPod Touch (6th gen or newer) running iOS 12 or above.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We read your reviews and take your concerns seriously. You can send us your feedback in Settings. If you need help, please reach out to email@example.com.
NOTE ON AVAILABILITY
We make every effort to offer the same live and On Demand programming that you can watch on your TV, and we frequently add new channels. However, programming restrictions keep us from making every channel available on the Spectrum TV App. Channel availability also varies by market.
• We streamlined Free Movies to make your experience more enjoyable.
• Sometimes, your scheduled recordings would fail. That won't happen anymore.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great For iOS; Bad on AppleTV
The SpectrumTV app works great on my Apple mobile devices (iPhone and iPad). Unfortunately, it is very buggy on AppleTV 4K. Why it works on iOS and not TvOS is a mystery. Sometimes there is audio and no picture when watching live TV; other times no picture or sound at all. Even when there is picture and sound, the picture breaks up. Many times there is still running audio while the picture is frozen. There are problems with buffering and freeze-ups, also. None of these issues occur while using the app on my iPhone or iPad Pro; only AppleTV. I’ve confirmed that the problem is not with my internet connection, speed, or my wireless network (both 2.4GHz and 5GHz). Also, other apps stream just fine. The fault is definitely the app only on AppleTV. I’ve even deleted and reinstalled the app on AppleTV several times with no luck. Also, my AppleTV is fully up to date. The app is totally disfunctional on AppleTV. I hope the developer looks into this and gets another update going to correct this. I cannot be the only one having this issue; and I’ve done all troubleshooting possible. As I say, the SpectrumTV app works great on iOS, just not on TvOS.
I have not encountered any issues with on-demand viewing using the SpectrumTV app on AppleTV. All the issues I am encountering seem to be concerning live TV viewing only.
LOVE the app because it works ...
You don’t need to be computer internet digital savvy, but once configured on all yr devices the delivery is seamless. My only issue is Spectrum’s over all cost. Streaming is the future. Though there ‘s a 10-15 sec delay, and sometimes losing Internet connectivity, ... though rare in the city can and will probably happen to you sometime, it’s rare. Get rid of the set top box and invest in a high broadband Internet connection and Roku. FIOS, Optimum , I.e and offers a thousand of additional paid and free channel options Subscription costs app but like broadcast - cable someone needs to pony up. For a New Yorker, Spectrum News is great for local news in real time. Part of the reason I’m still on Spectrum, but my days are counted. The key is having a high speed Internet connection for a streaming experience. And if you rather 100 channels instead of 1000 the choice is yours. Unfortunately in my current financial situation I need the essential for less...
Works ok but needs some updates
First let me just state that all I want from the app I’d local television and maybe a few others and for just that it does a decent job. It does get a bit laggy here and there and when you first turn on the tv and Apple TV you have to back out of the app to get to started. Cold booting the Apple TV into the spectrum app (if that’s how you shut it down) doesn’t work, all you get is a loading pinwheel. Back out of the app and to the Apple TV main menu then go back into the spectrum app and all is well
My biggest problem with the app is the “still there? Interact with your remote to continue watching” popup that will not go away. It comes and goes when it wants, sometimes staying visible for weeks at a time. It covers the lower third display used by news etc to give more info on things your watching which is annoying. To fix it you have to delete the app from the Apple TV and re-install. Then in 3-4 days when it happens again you either ignore it for as long as you can bear or delete and re-install the app again
Please fix this I beg of you!! Slower speeds and pixelation here and there I can deal with but a floating prompt covering the whole lower third of the tv is mind numbingly frustrating
- Charter Communications Operating, LLC
- 69.6 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Charter Communications
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.