This edition of text to speech app is specially crafted for schools:
◦ to make learning more productive and accessible, helping everyone to find his way to better grades and greater knowledge.
◦ to meet all safety and privacy standards including those of App Store for kids and of any government regulation. The app doesn't collect any data about the users and keeps internet access limited.
◦ simplified interface suited for children that have started to read books
◦ no in-app purchases
◦ rigorous testing to avoid bugs that can confuse children
With over 10,000 licenses sold and consistent ratings above 4 stars Speech Central is one of the leading global text-to-speech brands. It was nominated for the best iOS accessible app in 2017 on AppleVis, the leading authority in the field of accessibility on Apple devices.
The app implements state of the art features of voice readers for education:
◦ The widest support for documents/office and e-book formats
◦ Knowledge and text annotation tools built-in
◦ Export the text with annotations to .docx format
◦ The app is tested to be accessible with VoiceOver by legally blind users. Bookshare, an accessible online library is integrated into the app.
◦ Functions of audio buttons can be customized for high productivity and accessibility. The widest selection of tools to control the speed and position of how the text is read aloud.
◦ Keyboard shortcuts for improved accessibility
◦ The app can be used with any of 27 languages that have text-to-speech support on iOS, and all major languages are supported for the full automatic recognition.
◦ OCR function to import the text from the camera or from the scanned PDF
◦ The app can be used as an assistive technology and helper for people with visual impairments and disabilities like dyslexia (dyslexia friendly font is included in the app).
Supported document types are: PDF (including scanned documents), Microsoft Word (.docx), Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx), OpenOffice/LibreOffice (.odt, .odp), .html, .txt, .rtf, supported ebook formats are .epub, DAISY and .fb2 and emails in .eml format. All those formats will work only if a document has no DRM.
Latest iOS features including Dark mode, Siri Shortcuts, the latest visual style, drag and drop, 3D Touch, Spotlight Search, Dynamic Type are fully supported.
Some features are available only on the latest version of iOS.
Get the app now and find your way to the success in school!
visual, accessibility and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sort of works...
The app technically works but no matter what voice I set, it still uses a stock robotic voice. This is disappointing since I’ve got myriad other voices installed on my iPad, and I find the stock voice rather grating.
Developer Response ,
This app can use any voice that you install on iPad inside the system settings (except for the Siri voice as only Apple apps can use it). I am not sure if you are satisfied with the quality of those voices or not, but if you bought some 3rd party voices, they work only inside the app from which you have bought them as on iOS there is no system-wide support for the 3rd party voices. If your problem is in picking of some of those voices available in the Settings app, then please contact the support as the app has such a feature.
- LABSII DOO BEOGRAD
- 48.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright ©2017-2019 Labsii Llc. All rights reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.