The NACD Home Speech Therapist iPad app is a convenient, effective tool for children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia. It can also be used for:
• adults with apraxia
• speech therapists working with individuals with apraxia
• parents working with children with apraxia
• traditional articulation practice
"A useful tool for teaching CV phonemes to independent learners. It can be used by a speech-language pathologist in a school or clinical setting. It can also be used by parents to practice with their children at home."
What SLPs have to say...
"“It held my preschooler’s interest for about 10 minutes. She exhibits final consonant deletion (sic) and she willingly imitated the words. She enjoyed tapping the picture, imitating the word and swiping. Overall, it is a valuable tool for the Speech Toolbox and highly recommended.”
- Ricki Block, MS, CCC-SLP. Speech Pathologist since 1976 and certified member of the ASLHA.
“The syllables are arranged in a hierarchical order, which is hugely important. Parents can use this app to practice at home what was taught in therapy."
- Tatyana Elleseff, MA CCC-SLP at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
“NACD Home Speech Therapist offers a wonderful opportunity for organized and leveled speech production practice.”
- Jackie Bryla is a school-based SLPA in California.
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, the Apraxia app provides choices of different phonemes to target and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech.
Working at the syllable level, it begins at the production of single syllables and progresses through increasingly difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random syllables.
** FEATURES **
• Choose from 8 different consonant groups (for a total of 19 consonant sounds) to target.
• For each group, choose from 8 levels to practice
• Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate consonant group and practice level.
• Move through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
• Illustrations and audio provided for each syllable.
• Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
• Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular phonemes.
* NEW PROGRESS TRACKING OPTION REQUIRES IN APP PURCHASE. PROGRESS TRACKING IS NOT INCLUDED WITH BUNDLE OR INDIVIDUAL APP, IT HAS TO BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY*
• Track and save the progress for each user so that you can resume each consonant group and level from where you left off. Great for SLPs who wants to use this for multiple users.
• Sharing your progress via email directly from the app allows for communication between therapist and parent. For parents, practice at home and email your progress to therapist.
The National Association for Child Development is a unique organization with a unique approach to brain growth and development. Founded in 1979 by Bob Doman, NACD has helped parents enhance the development and function of their children for over 30 years. In its work with tens of thousands of clients, NACD has developed an approach to human development, the achievement of human potential, and the remediation of developmental, educational, and neurological problems that is based upon the gestalt of the individual. The efficacy of NACD's Targeted Developmental Intervention has been demonstrated with individuals from infant to geriatric, whose function has ranged from comatose to gifted. It is from this background and experience that the NACD team of neurodevelopmentalists and therapists, including speech/language pathologists, has created the NACD Home Speech Therapist line of speech apps.
• Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Features on my iPad was preventing me from hearing sound on the app. The nacd friends on Facebook were able to help me find my mistake. I look forward to using this with my little one.
User friendly, visual and auditory based
This app was a life saver when I needed to work with a typical preschool student who needed assistance using initial sounds. He is sailing through levels 1,2,and 3 with some models. The program is categorized by mouth placement and there are levels which start easy and become more difficult as the student improves.
This is a must for any SLP who is working with individuals who have several sound errors.
Just downloaded the app and I am so disappointed because there is no sound. It seems like a great and very well put together resource but it wasn't free so I expected it to do what it claimed.
- Blue Whale Apps, Inc.
- 26.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Blue Whale Apps - NACD
- In-App Purchases
- Progress Tracking $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.