You can LISTEN faster than you can READ
Speechify is an intelligent text-to-speech audio-reader that turns your reading material into interactive audiobooks so that you can save time, retain more information, and stay focused. Like your own personal reading assistant, Speechify can read books, documents, and articles while you cook, work out, commute, or any other activity you can think of.
"I am literally going to start crying at how profoundly amazing and revolutionary this is for me" - Chandler
"I suffer from A.D.D. and between this app and Audiobooks I have never felt more empowered... please know you made a real difference in my life" - Bill
• Listen to articles, PDFs, digital text, or physical books AS AUDIO.
• Listen with HD voices and 50+ languages.
• Toggle your reading speed up to 900 words per minute (~5x faster than sight-reading).
• Scan physical book pages with your device camera.
• Import internet articles straight from your mobile browser.
• Integrates with iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
• Sync audiobooks across your devices both Mac and Web.
LISTEN TO ANY TEXT, ANYWHERE:
• Import online articles, PDFs, clipboard-copied text, or even photos of physical book pages, and listen while Speechify reads your content to you in the highest quality digital voices available anywhere.
PERSONALIZE YOUR LISTENING EXPERIENCE:
• Listen to your content with any of Speechify's HD voices or 50+ supported languages, and find the perfect reading speed that works for you. Read along with Speechify's interactive reading interface, or simply lay back and listen!
SAVE TIME, RETAIN MORE, GET MORE DONE:
• While the average sight-reading speed is approximately 200 words per minute, Speechify users quickly learn to listen to 400 words per minute or faster, doubling their reading speed. Speechify's reading screen highlights each word as it reads, and academic research shows that listening and reading at the same time results in significantly higher levels of comprehension.
PERFECT FOR USERS WITH READING DISABILITIES:
• Originally created as a solution for Speechify's founder's dyslexia, Speechify now empowers tens of thousands of users with Dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, anxiety, concussions, and other reading disabilities to breeze through their readings and engage with their curiosities.
SYNC YOUR LIBRARY ACROSS DEVICES:
• Download Speechify for iPhone, iPad, and Google Chrome at speechify.com, and your library of audiobooks will sync across all of your devices.
We created Speechify so that reading is never a barrier for anyone again. Designed to help people with dyslexia, ADHD, Low vision acuity, concussions, and other reading disabilities, Speechify now helps hundreds of thousands of people to consume their reading content with ease. From those with reading disabilities to auditory learners, productivity fanatics, second language learners, hobbyists, and more, we love all of our users and strive every day to create a reading assistant that empowers them to read more and succeed in life. We can't wait for you to join the family :)
- Happy Listening & Much love, Cliff Weitzman, and the rest of the Speechify Team.
• Get access to Speechify's HD natural reading voices with Speechify Premium on either a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. Speechify's cutting edge HD voices use natural human inflection to help you stay even more engaged with your readings.
After a free trial, the total amount for the subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account. The subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal at the total subscription price within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed or canceled via your iTunes Account Settings.
Terms of Service: https://speechify.com/terms/
We update the Speechify app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements you’ll find in the latest update:
- New Voices added
- Better Parsing
- Squashed some bugs
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback keeps the Speechify app growing.
Have a question? Email us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Grateful, grateful, grateful! Thank you!
I am SO grateful there is FINALLY a app that is capable of reading out loud for me! With ADHD, Anxiety, and learning disabilities I struggle with just getting though a page, and I love to collect books and as much information as possible with ALL the good intentions possible to read and grow! I beat myself up for buy all the things I do (reading wise) bc I struggle with getting that time and focus long enough to read. Being a single momma of three kids ages 12,6,&5 and a fur mama of a cat and dog, I am very busy. Being able to hear the information of topics I am super interested in is LIFE CHANGING!
I love my audiobooks! But when wanting to read websites (just finally was able to listen/read about CBT for ADHD on a website by copy and pasting the url! Life changing!), college text books (haven’t tried this feature just yet but I plan to soon) and I am looking forward to being able to have my email read about my kids endless school stuff!
I have been searching for YEARS now for something that could help me and hands down this is what I have needed! Thank you for creating this app. Also keeping this app’s add on features at a reasonable price! I will be doing the add on for the speed preference and I want to support someone who created something so user friendly and for those like me who want to grow and yet are stuck and struggle with all the personal stuff that keeps us from growing!
I too have dyslexia. And I hated school for this reason. I couldn’t read stuff like my friends. I was always behind. I took so long to do homework because of it I couldn’t go out and play with my friends. I hated it. I cried and fought with my mom a lot. They put me in a special reading class to try to teach me how to turn the letters and words around. I even reverse numbers sometimes. When I was in first grade I had a teacher who would yell at me for not being able to read instead of trying to help me. So my parents held me back and put me in a different school. Where the teacher had seen it before and knew the signs for dyslexia. And I was tested and found out that’s what it was. I appreciate so much you creating this app. I do wish it didn’t cost so much. I understand you have to pay for the development and to keep it up to date. But that is a lot. I did teach myself to read and I do read books. But it does take me a lot longer than everyone else because of the dyslexia. But I do it anyway and even enjoy reading now. When I was a kid you would never see me read. But again thanks for creating an app that helps with that. I just wish the cost was lower I can’t afford that much a year at one time. Or if you had smaller monthly costs too that would be better for someone like me. Thanks again. I will use the free version for now. 👍🏻
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing your story! Your concern about the pricing is valid. The cost is actually to support the creation and maintenance of all our premium voices, they cost a lot really. You can use the non-HD voices for free but making the HD voices has a lot of server costs. The annual subscription of $140 comes to $11.66/mo which is actually really cheap ($2.7/wk) - that’s less than the price of a textbook, less than one coffee a week.
Please feel free to use the app as a free user! 😊 If you have any other questions, drop us a message via "Message us" from your Speechify app. We're happy to help. By the way, thanks for the 5 stars! ❤️
It’s totally awesome….but…
This app is amazing. It really is worth the money…mostly. It really saves time. But, there are some issues. I think it’s overpriced for the fact that is has all of these issues. For the price I paid, it should be perfect and there should be a way to access chapters and specific areas of the book much more quickly. First off, an interface that allowed for documents to be loaded by chapter would be nice or if there was search by page number option. It can take quite a while to find the right place to start reading when an entire reference book has been imported, but the assigned reading material is not chronological. It would also be nice if the bookmark option actually did more than just show a highlighted area. It would be nice if you could access all your bookmarks and then be able to jump to them as needed. Maybe you can, but I haven’t been able to figure it out. Also, if you have to take pictures of a document that is formatted in columns, the app cannot differentiate the columns and reads it all together, like a book, making it a useless jumbled mis-mash of words. And unfortunately, a lot of my books I have to read, are formatted that way. So that whole selling point of the app is flawed and should be fixed if it’s going to be advertised as a selling point.
Needless to say, when the app works, it works great. But it could be a A LOT more user friendly, Amd should be for the price they are asking.
Developer Response ,
Hey, EveStar75! Thanks for sharing. First, I'd like to thank you for your kind words. 🙏
We do have the search option on the iOS app. When you're on reading mode, tap the 3 dots and you'll see Find, Bookmarks, and Edit Text options. If it isn't allowing you to jump into the text you've highlighted or searched for, please let us know. Happy to look into it for you.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Speechify Inc.
- 250.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Speechify Inc. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $139.99
- Premium $79.99
- Premium $139.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.