Time for a new turn on the critically acclaimed SpellForce-Series. The epic fantasy saga is finally available on mobile devices, offering a whole new angle to the franchise. Leaving the story of its PC ancestors untouched and comes indeed 100%-story free, the Premium Game will offer turn-based strategy and tactics instead of real-time.
CRAFT YOUR FANTASY EMPIRE
Creating an own Kingdom turn by turn is the main goal in the 13-Mission long adventure mode or the free game, where you are facing your AI-opponents on randomly generated maps. Choose between the Dark Elves, the Orcs or Humans as playable races and ally or fight six neutral factions. Send your troops to conquer cities, to claim mines or farms and to search for treasure.
EXPLORE NEW LANDS
Your race’s hero will lead your army on their search for glory, treasures and valuable resources to exploit. Because your ever-expanding empire needs them to prosper. When you find new cities, you can muster new unique unitsand command them in any battle that lies ahead.
BATTLE YOUR ENEMIES
While your heroes explore the realms, you will meet your opponents on the battlefield and will exterminate them in simultaneous turn-based combats. Played out on hexagons, you’ll send Archers, Catapults, Knights or Dark Elf Necromancers against beasts & enemies like Spiders, Shadow Nightmares or Barbarian Berserkers. While you plan your actions, so does your enemy. When you both execute your plans, you’ll see who the better strategist is.
EVOLVE YOUR SOLDIERS
SpellForce: Heroes & Magic is also an Role Playing Game. Your hero and your soldiers both gain experience and they both can find magical items like swords, armor or other equipment. When you level up, you can learn new skills and of course seasoned warriors are more valuable on the battlefields than fresh recruits.
● No microtransactions, no lootboxes, no ads, not a single Free2play mechanic. Just a great game.
● Craft your own fantasy empire: Expand, Explore, Exploit and Exterminate. And no, we don’t think it’s a 4X game – do you?
● Lead your Heroes: Carry the battle to your opponents and defeat them.
● A world of magic: Heroes and units can cast Lightning Strikes or Fear Spells, can stun foes or heal companions.
● Simultaneously turn-based combat: Plan your armies’ actions while your enemy does and execute them at the same time.
● Items, Level ups, Skill-Trees: Individualize your army with fully fledged RPG mechanics.
● 3 Playable Races: Orcs, Humans, Dark Elves & their iconic heroes await your commands.
● 6 Neutral Races to ally with or fight against: Gargoyles, Shadows, Elves, Dwarves, Barbarians and Trolls are either loyal companions or fearsome enemies on the battlefield.
● Over 30 different units to muster and to lead into combat.
Thank you for playing ‘Spellforce: Heroes & Magic’!
Get in touch with HandyGames: http://www.handy-games.com
Join us on Facebook: http://www.fb.com/handygames
Subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://goo.gl/2Kq6yY
Check news on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/handy_games
Follow us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/handygames
© www.handy-games.com GmbH
Fixed missing skill points in battle mode
Ratings and Reviews
Fun but not without its flaws
Overall a fun strategy rpg. I have encountered a bug where moving workers around on the city page caused a worker to disappear if you didn’t drop it perfectly on the square. I found no way to submit this bug from the app.
Fix the bugs, create a feedback system in the game itself.
Fundamentally likable. Hopefully the dev can make some camera tweaks.
I like the game. It’s like Warcraft 3 but turn based, which allows for more strategic maneuver and less tension. It’s perfect for killing some time on the bus.
I see the game hasn’t been updated for a few months, I hope my wish still catches some attention from the dev team. In the battle view, when I use two fingers to zoom in, the screen center shifts to another point. For example when I zoom in with two fingers on an archer, the archer won’t be at the center of the zoomed view. I’ll have to scroll a bit to find where I was. Can you help with it? I’m using iPad mini 5 with the most recent iPadOS.
Fun but Confusing
I like what the game is trying to do, but it seems awkward to accomplish anything. The first 15 minutes are especially confusing, as you struggle to figure out even basic things. The tutorial really doesn’t even get you to a basic level of understanding. I don’t love moving units between armies and garrisons, and the combat and game pacing is a little slow for my liking. Three stars because I absolutely give benefit of the doubt that the game could be better on a larger display (I’m on iPhone XR) or if I spent more time on it (~2 hours total).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- www.handy-games.com GmbH
- 469 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 by THQ Nordic GmbH, Austria. Developed by HEXGAMES. Published by www.handy-games.com GmbH. SpellForce is a registered trademark of THQ Nordic AB, Sweden.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.