Reading Eggs Spelling Grade 1 is a fun and motivational app that teaches kids how to spell.
Your child can choose from 10 interactive spelling games – each reinforcing a different literacy skill, including proofreading, word endings and plurals, compound words, syllables and much more.
Based on the key teaching principle that the most effective learning takes place whilst having fun, Reading Eggs Spelling transports your child to a fascinating new setting with each game – captivating their attention with a vibrant, interactive sensory environment to keep them motivated and engaged whilst learning.
Reading Eggs Spelling will boost your child’s confidence with spelling, help expand their vocabulary, and develop their key literacy skills as they progress through an extensive collection of challenging words, activities, and contexts.
From the makers of popular educational website Reading Eggs, Reading Eggs Spelling was written by renowned Australian primary educator Del Merrick, informed by her extensive experience developing and implementing improved literacy practices in primary schools throughout Australia and overseas.
• Suitable for ages 6 to 7, but can also be used by older students who need extra support with spelling.
• Choose from 10 spelling games, each reinforcing a different literacy skill.
• Choose from 5 different areas of Grade 1 content in each game.
• Fully interactive games keep your child engaged by arranging words through ‘touch and drag’ motions, typing in missing letters, and receiving voice feedback with correct pronunciation of words and sentences.
• Each game transports your child to a vibrant new setting, including a pirate ship, the carnival, and even to outer space – providing the sensory environment necessary to keep them motivated and engaged whilst learning.
• Develops key literacy skills including encoding, proofreading, compound words, word endings and plurals, homophones (homonyms), meanings, syllables, phonics, vocabulary, speed and some spelling rules.
Update to work with 64-bit.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Should be able to return apps
I got this app because it was recommended by a site I trusted, in spite of the only review being low. Then I tried playing it before giving it to my grandchild. I have had it for about 10 minutes and if I could return it I would. I will not be offering it to my grandchild. Some of my reasons: I found it frustrating to figure out how to play the games; I do not think the games would be fun for her even after I figured them out; on many games the speaker has an English accent. I find accents appealing, but my granddaughter carefully emulates pronunciation and I don't want her to learn to pronounce some words in a way that will sound odd when she says them. This is why I strongly prefer to get a free version with adds, try it, and then decide to buy to get rid of the adds, or to get a free limited version that allows me to get a feel for the app before paying for it. I feel cheated out of 4.99. Not that much, I know, but too much to pay for nothing.
This is suppose to be for first graders and it is very difficult. The child has to have a high reading level in order to do the games. Would not purchase.
Reading eggs spelling grade 1
I was very disappointed in this app. My child is 6 and in grade 1. There is no sound except the annoying music that I can't turn off. The game is useless to us she can't read the instructions and does not know what the words all are in the game.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.