*** “Memory Game: Spelling Words makes learning sight words more enjoyable than simple flash cards” - SmartAppsForKids
*** Editor’s Favorite – AppySmart
*** “fosters memory, concentration, reasoning, and perception” – Tech&Learning
*over 1,300 spelling words (Dolch's Sight Word List and more)
* option for customized spelling list
* Multiple Word Lists: Short Vowels, Long Vowels, Sight Words, and other categorized word families
* narration: professional female narration or child’s voice
* choice of number of cards: 6, 12, 18
* upper or lower case letters
* block or cursive letters
* single-player, two-player mode or iComputer mode (play against the computer)
* audio and visual prompt to encourage taking turns
* X-Ray option: take a look at the cards for five seconds and memorize their position
* child proof SETTINGS button (press&hold)
* positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
Memory Game Spelling Words Application is designed to encourage higher level thinking and reasoning in a fun, friendly atmosphere.
The underlying pedagogical methodology for this application is to teach students spelling words required in today’s school curriculum. You may choose the number of cards to play. Words are chosen randomly from the pool over 1300 words. The task is to find pairs of cards with the same word. Success is rewarded by a quick fun game. Apart from creating fast readers, Memory Game Spelling Words Express is also a great free tool for developing cognitive skills such as:
Children of all ages and abilities can benefit using this application.
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/kt8_sNGj-HI
* more than 600 new words in the vocabulary
* iOS 8 support
* Improved and configurable Artificial Intelligence engine in 'play vs. computer' mode
* Improved navigation
* Configurable background sound and special audio effects
* Richer User Interface
Ratings and Reviews
Paying attention to details.
This game improves attention to details. It is good for helping my child look at all of the letters of a word, not just the first and last letter.
It is fun and holds his attention. Thanks for the cursive option, also.
Spelling words match
Wouldn't allow to go to the home setting. And the tiles didn't open when pressed. Animation was very cute but characters should been a reward by coming across the bridge. Disappointing
great customer support
I had a sound issue with this app: apparently there was no sound coming from the app. I contacted the developer and within a couple of hours I got a reply with advice on how to adjust the settings of my device. THANKS!
- natasa gajic
- 43.9 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © @Reks
- In-App Purchases
- Built-in Spelling Lists $1.99
- Unlimited Customizable Spelling Lists $1.99
- Ad Free Spelling Game $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.