In the most distant reaches of the world, magic still exists, embodied by spirits of the land, of the sky, and of every natural thing. As the great powers of Europe stretch their colonial empires further and further, they will inevitably lay claim to a place where spirits still hold power - and when they do, the land itself will fight back alongside the islanders who live there.
Spirit Island is a cooperative settler-destruction strategy game designed by R. Eric Reuss and set in an alternate-history world around A.D. 1700. Players become different Spirits of the land, each with their own unique elemental powers, forced to defend their island home from colonizing Invaders spreading blight and destruction. Your Spirits work with the native Dahan to increase your power and drive the invading colonists from your island in this strategic area-control game.
Spirit Island includes:
• Free access to unlimited plays of the tutorial game
• Create custom games of up to 4 spirits and play 5 full turns
• 4 Spirits available for custom games: Lightning’s Swift Strike, River Surges in Sunlight, Shadows Flicker Like Flame, and Vital Strength of the Earth
• 36 Minor Power cards that enhance the abilities of your Spirits
• 22 Major Power cards with more powerful effects to devastate the Invaders
• A modular island, made up of 4 balanced island boards, for a variety of layouts
• Thematic island boards that reflect the canonical island and provide a new challenge
• 15 Invader cards driving a distinctive Invader expansion system
• 2 Blight cards with challenging effects as the Invaders blight the Island
• 15 Fear cards with beneficial effects, earned as you terrify the Invaders
Every rule & interaction in the game has been carefully adapted and thoroughly tested by expert Spirit Island players, as well as the designer himself. If you’re wondering how a certain situation works in Spirit Island, this game is the ultimate rules lawyer!
• Original dynamic music composed by Jean-Marc Giffin brings Spirit Island to life. Each Spirit has unique musical elements that wax and wane as the game progresses.
• 3D Textured maps bring a realistic look and isometric perspective to the Island.
• 3D Classic maps present the Island the way it looks on the tabletop.
• 2D Classic maps provide a simplified top-down option for all you number crunchers out there.
When you are ready for more, choose the best option for your budget to unlock the full game!
Get access to 6 additional Spirits, each with 4 unique Power cards:
• Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares - Strike fear into the hearts of the Invaders!
• Heart of the Wildfire - Burn everything in your path, and heal the land with time.
• Ocean's Hungry Grasp - Drown the Invaders with the power of the sea.
• Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island - Absorb presence and rise up with immense power!
• A Spread of Rampant Green - Entangle the Invaders with unstoppable growth.
• Thunderspeaker - Join forces with the Dahan to wreak havoc on the Invaders.
Face 3 multi-tier Adversaries (specific Invaders) for play variety and fine-tuned challenge: Brandenburg-Prussa, England & Sweden.
Explore 4 optional Scenarios for even more play variety: Blitz, Dahan Insurrection, Guard the Isle's Heart, & Rituals of Terror.
Purchase the Full Game - Permanently unlocks all content from the core game and Promo Pack 1. The Branch & Claw expansion is available as a separate In App Purchase. Future expansions will be sold separately.
Or subscribe for Unlimited Access ($1.99 USD/month) - Unlocks all content during the term of your subscription. Includes all core game content, Promo Pack 1, Branch & Claw, as well as all future content as it becomes available.
Now Available: Branch & Claw expansion with 2 Spirits, an Adversary, 52 Power Cards, new Tokens, 15 Fear Cards, 7 Blight Cards, 4 Scenarios, and an Event Deck.
Terms of Service: handelabra.com/terms
This update includes a few bug fixes, notably:
- Powers granted by the Aid From Lesser Spirits blight card work properly again.
- Serpent Slumbering Beneath the Island is now able to move its Presence out of the ocean during growth.
- Fixed a problem where certain types of errors could interrupt the game sending diagnostic information with bug reports.
Ratings and Reviews
Great digital adaptation
Spirit Island is easily my favorite co-op board game, and this is a great way to play solo without the setup and teardown and adds rule enforcement (digital versions are great to learn rule intricacies). Game plays very smoothly, and the UI is well designed. Even the base game prior to expansions has lots of variety and branch & claw and jagged earth will make that even better when released.
The purchase model is great as well - free is enough to get the feet wet and understand the game basics prior to buying the full game.
Late game with four spirits crowds the screen when lots of powers are played and could be nice to lay out the power card by spirit one at a time similar to the growth stage to make it easier to see the map, and multi-player would be a welcome addition.
Finally, a true solo SI experience!
I have never played this board game but heard they were porting this into a solo digital app, so I got it as soon as I saw it pop up. Tutorial is fantastically smooth, and gives enough information at the right time so as to not overwhelm new players. I also like that they give some strategy reasoning in the tutorial as well. Sounds, UI and overall game flow is smooth and the gameplay is seriously fun. Thank you to the entire team for the work you all put into this!
Game works great, if you have network access…
Purchased this game via the subscription thinking I could kind of try it before I buy it. The tutorial is great, and overall the gameplay is awesome. My only complaint (and it’s a big one) is that you apparently have to be connected to a network (cell or WiFi) in order to access the content that I paid for. So DO NOT get the subscription if you plan to play on a plane or anywhere without cell coverage/WiFi
Couldn’t even finish a game. I will likely cancel my subscription knowing this
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Handelabra Studio LLC
- 418.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.7 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.7 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.7 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019-2021 Handelabra Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Access $1.99
- Full Game $17.99
- Branch & Claw $7.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.