With Splice, musicians and sound designers can browse, audition, and create with millions of sounds across all genres from anywhere, anytime. Sounds sync across devices for a seamless workflow.
Artists, composers, and bedroom beat-makers use Splice Sounds to create Grammy-winning songs, movie scores, club hits, and more.
Splice iOS App Features:
- Browse, audition, & search for sounds
- Filter sounds by instrument type & genres
- Try out sounds in Beatmaker
- Like sounds on the app and save them for later
- Sync sounds with the Splice desktop app
Inspiration can strike at any moment. Now, you can make progress on your music outside of the studio, no matter where you are.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/splice
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spliceofficial/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/splice
Contact us: https://support.splice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Introducing Sequencer! Now you can create beats, patterns, and rhythms with Splice samples on your phone.
- Add any sound to a Beatmaker pad. Switch to the new Sequencer tab to add a rhythm to the grid.
- Tap grid squares on and off to change your pattern.
- Scroll horizontally to see and modify your entire pattern.
- When you press the play button, your pattern will play. Sequence up to 8 samples at once.
- Use the settings menu to change the tempo of your beat.
- Clear the pattern to start fresh.
- Now, samples you add to Beatmaker will be remembered across app sessions.
- Fix tab management bugs that resulted in inconsistent navigation
- Fixed a bug where Add to Library was not showing correctly for samples across the app
- Fix bug where search field became unselectable after tapping a tag
- Various visual fixes and UX improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Unable to download my samples to my device
I’ve been using a splice for quite some time now, and I have quite the collection of sounds and samples. I got this app when it first came out, but only really started to need it now as my laptop has broken and I’m away from home for awhile. So, I go to my library of sounds that I had downloaded on my PC and my broken laptop, and I am unable to download them onto my iPad. I am able to play them, but when I press the options. Futon and press save sample to files, I’m met with an endless loading circle. I legit left my iPad open on the app for two hours to see if the sample would download. But still it was just loading. I don’t know if my iPad is just cheeks or if this is a problem with the app (though I’m quite certain it has nothing to do with my iPad). Either way, I want to be able to download my samples to my iPad.
Minor Fixes NEEDED
Firstly, I’d like to start this off by saying thank you for bringing Splice to mobile devices! Mobile production is slowly becoming more popular so I’m happy to see we’re getting proper recognition. Thought there are a few minor issues. Ever since I’ve had the app, it’s performed very well. The ability to download samples directly to your device is extremely convenient. Although when trying to view your Likes and All Downloads, you are met with either a blank screen or samples that you’ve never touched upon before. I’d give the app a solid 5 if these issues were fixed. I was extremely disappointed to find that samples and packs I’d come across were completely lost unless I loaded up Splice in my computer. The searches within the app also seem to be somewhat broken. There have been several occasions where I typed in the publisher or exact pack names and had completely irrelevant results pop up. I believe if you were to optimize this app, mobile production will have another solid base to put it on the same level as PC production. I think this is a business that’s worthy to invest in!!
Make it better!!
I don’t know when the app was launched but I’m really excited that splice made it to the App Store. As an app developer myself I know the work of doing a cross platform app specially to keep all the data base on the cloud the most stable and accurate possible. So thanks again for making this app. I also think the app needs a lot of improve and features that could hopefully part of the new upcoming updates. But first things first. I think so far the only real objective that the app has now is for the user of splice to use it with their mobile device and search for new samples to download and sync with splice so.... WE NEED FILTERS !!!! Without filters is an exhausting search of clips. For me at least If I need to do a fast music production I will take something that I like and them use filter to match clips in the same tempo or tune!! Or what ever I’m really looking for. I can’t spend hours looking for what I want you guys now!! Good luck in this journey and thanks again!! Keep the good work going!! Lmk if you guys ever need help with the app team!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Distributed Creation Inc
- 23.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Distributed Creation Inc. 2020
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.