Sports Audio DJ gives you the tools to strike the right mood for the moment in the game. You can rock the house, celebrate a goal, underscore a moment or pump up warm-up.
Sports Audio DJ gives you the simple and intuitive tools you need to strike right mood for the game in the moment with music and sounds. Want to rock the house, celebrate a goal, pump up the team warm up or underscore a key moment - you're the DJ.
Bring a professional level of sound production to the game with Fade In and Fade Out controls to end hard stops and starts. Set specific Start and Stop times in a song to skip a slow intro or launch right into the moment a song kicks into gear.
You can now access any song you can think of with support for Apple Music subscriptions and Spotify Premium accounts. You can either stream their songs or download them to your device for better performance.
In the Pro Version (via In-App purchase): With the ability to load an unlimited number of songs and sounds you can choose the right sounds for any moment in the game. Additionally, you can group your sounds any way you like with support for an unlimited number of groups to make the sounds easy to find.
You can easily achieve the right emotion for the moment using these music playback customization features:
- Fade In and Fade Out
- Sub-Second Start and Stop points (Pro Version only)*
- Sound Looping
- Sound Overlay and Crossfade
- Individual song sound volume levels
- In-App Volume Control to set the right level while playing music. (Pro Version Only)*
- Support for AirPlay output (Pro Version Only)*
- Color categorize your songs with 11 different colors to choose from (Pro Version Only)*
- Three customizable tap actions to Start and Stop a song
- Three customizable tap actions for Song Groups (Pro Version Only)*
- Pause & Resume the last Song played (Pro Version Only)*
- Import songs and sounds from iTunes, Files and the iOS Share button
- Supports Apple Music subscriptions - streaming or downloaded music**
- Supports Spotify Premium - streaming or downloaded music**
- Unlimited number of songs and sounds to take to the game (Pro Version Only)*
- Unlimited Sound Groups for organizing your songs and sounds (Pro Version Only)*
- Copy and Move sounds between Groups
- Create an automated a playlist with Play Next Sound or Group Tap Actions (Pro Version Only)*
- Supports playback of M4A (Apple), M4R (Ringtone), MP3 and WAV audio file formats
- Fully supports iPhone X Series and 3rd Gen iPad Pros
- Supports iOS 13 and Dark Mode
- Supports French (Canada) and French (France) languages
* Free vs Pro Version Functionality:
Free: Limited to having only 3 Song Groups
Pro: Use an Unlimited amount of Song Groups
Free: Limited to loading only 10 songs per Song Group
Pro: Load an Unlimited number of songs
Free: Limited to Start/Stop timing accuracy at the second
Pro: Supports sub-second song Start/Stop timing accuracy to hit that moment in the song perfectly
Free: Does not allow for Group Tap Actions
Pro: Supports the Group Tap Action features including Group Action Menus
Free: Can only Start and Stop Songs
Pro: Supports Pausing and Resuming the last Song played
Free: Song Cells are all a nice Red color
Pro: Song Cells can be configured with 11 different colors to choose from
Free: No In-App Volume control, must use device Vol Up/Down buttons
Pro: Can control the music volume with a precise Volume slider to get the right volume level. Plus use the Route button to output your music to AirPlay devices (iTunes and Apple Music only, Spotify not yet working with AirPlay).
Free: Will not receive forth coming new features
Pro: Will get all the new cool stuff
** Apple Music and Spotify Premium Subscription important notes:
For details on the limitations of using streaming music services, see our FAQ web page:
v5.1.0 Revamped the Start At handling for Spotify songs.
v5.0.9 Adjustments to help Apple Music songs with a Start At setting behave consistently.
v5.0.8 Host of fixes:
- Further adjustment to help Spotify songs with a Start At setting use it consistently.
- Fixed the Reset Has Played Markers.
- Fixed the use of Playlists will now mark as Has Played.
- Fixed the Group -> Reshuffle Song Order feature.
- Fixed the crashing when adding song via Open Files feature.
v5.0.7 Adjusting internal settings to help Spotify users.
v5.0.6 Corrected a rare conversion issue.
If you loaded a previous v5.0.x version and had songs missing from your sound Groups: With this update applied, open the Main Menu -> Settings and press the Reset SQL Database button then follow the instructions to restart Sports Audio DJ and all the songs should return.
v5.0.5 Added the ability to send original database to HotGS in case of troubleshooting.
v5.0.4 NEW DATABASE
We've finally removed the problematic Realm database which caused a few folks to experience fatal database corruption. We're now using the standard SQLite for better speed and reliability. This required revamping a lot of the behind the scenes code and we fixed a few other things along the way mostly affecting Apple Music and Spotify subscriptions. Now with this out of the way we can get back to new features. Enjoy!
It's good to Go Pro.
Ratings and Reviews
I LOVE this app for running sound for my son’s hockey games. As a goalie mom it’s either this or bite off all my fingernails. Thankfully, this app is a way better option.
My only wish for the app is that we get cloud capability. I’d love to use this on my iPad instead of my phone, but I have over 400 songs synced and I definitely don’t want to do THAT again.
I was hoping this would be a good walk up song app.. but it just keeps crashing after about 20 seconds of opening
Developer Response ,
Sorry your experiencing issues. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can try to figure out what’s preventing it from working properly.
Perfect App for Playing Music @ Sporting Events
I took over Public Address duties for a HS lacrosse team. I became obsessed with sounding professional & having professional sounding music. I cringe every time I go to another school & hear music start late, take too long to ramp up or abruptly stop.
This app does everything I want. I can sort my music by type or for different situations. Volumes are preset. I can have a song start at a specific point. I can fade out at the touch of a button.
There’s something special about sitting in the booth, watching the refs take too long to sort out a penalty, touching a button & start playing the chorus to Foreigner’s “I’ve been waiting...” and having the refs look up at the press box.
I will say it is a little buggy. It has crashed on me a couple of times. Every time I clear the “has played”, it asks me to upgrade to premium (I already have).
I’d love some additional features, like storing more song information (like artist) & some additional search capabilities. I would also like to have different color buttons within the same tab or sound group.
I really love this app & what it allows me to do.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hammer of the Gods Software
- 31.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Hammer of the Gods Software
- In-App Purchases
- Sports Audio DJ Pro Version $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.