Spotlight Text is the first eBook reader crafted specifically for individuals with vision loss.
“We Read to Know That We Are Not Alone.” - C.S. Lewis
- Access Bookshare's 250,000+ collection of books (including best sellers and new releases).
- Designed for maximum legibility
- Multiple reading modes including one designed specifically for individuals with RP Constricted Field
- Autoplay mode with customizable speeds
- Increase or decrease font size to your desire
- Simple and easy to navigate user interface
- Unlimited Screen Size with Apple TV or Direct HDMI Contact
Focus Reading Technology is dedicated to the belief that through superior product design incorporating cutting edge user interface technology and access to e-content, visual and print disabilities can be addressed and overcome, and the joy of reading restored.
* Added a bookmark button
* Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I put on narration but no sound for either of the example books
I bought this app in conjunction with Bookshare, as this combo was promoted as great for low vision readers. It turns out Spotlight Text loads Bookshare titles incorrectly, skipping lots of the text. Also, Bokkshare titles can't be read on an iPad without buying yet another app. Waste of money.
I purchased this app for my father. He was an English teacher and had an undeniable love for books. Unfortunately after being diagnosed with a macular disease he was unable to do one of the hings that made him happiest in life, read. After hearing about the app at his ophthalmologists office we went home downloaded it and signed up for bookshare. When my dad began his first book we adjusted the font size and speed to his comfort and his eyes lit up. He could read again and he couldnt be happier! Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.