The SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence™ app works with the SpotOn collar, a dog containment system using Global Navigation Satellite Systems to keep you dog safe at home or on the go. The SpotOn Virtual Fence System allows users to set up virtual smart fences of any shape or size with no need for buried wires or bases stations. Store up to 10 unique virtual smart fences in the collar or generate a circular perimeter instantly. With the SpotOn VSF App, you will receive notifications if your dog leaves or reenters containment and with high-accuracy tracking, you can locate him to within 10 feet of his position (with updates every 6 seconds). The app also allows for custom communication to the collar to monitor key parameters.
The SpotOn Virtual Smart Fence app is easy to use:
- Create a new account or login with your Facebook ID
- Register your SpotOn collar
- Manage account settings: e-mail addresses, contact phone number, passwords
- Invite family members to download and use the app
- Check collar status: battery power and GPS
- Customize your dog’s collar: name, picture, date of birth
- See your dog’s location on demand or track your dog using Google maps
- Access Compass Mode or use turn-by-turn directions to navigate quickly to your dog
- Manage maps by assigning unique names: Home, vacation home, mom’s home
- Share maps with other SpotOn users
- Access the training screen to train your dog with one of our customized training plans
- Access static correction settings—engage or alter static correction level
- Receive alert notifications: when map is activated, if dog leaves or returns to containment, low battery alerts
SpotOn redefines containment systems by allowing you to contain your dog at home or on the road. It provides you and your dog security by enabling you to contain and locate your dog anywhere. SpotOn is engineered and made in the USA with domestic and foreign parts.
Learn more at SpotOnCollar.com
- Fixed issues with App unexpectedly closing
- Fixed issue on Training Screen where App was unable to connect to the collar via Bluetooth to activate test tones and set static correction level
- Corrected navigation menu screen colors for improved readability
- Fixed Pet’s Birth Date selector issue on register collar screen
- Fixed issue when using Apple ID to log in to App
Ratings and Reviews
Containment is good, nothing else is.
This review is specifically about the app. Containment is good, set up a map and it seems to be working well. Warnings seem to be going off just inside the fence line as I’d hoped.
As far as the app goes, rarely does it even connect through Bluetooth, so it’s a process to even set the static correction level. Despite having strong cell service on both the collar and phone, tracking has not worked a single time, always tells me that the collar is disconnected. Have had zero luck uploading maps to my phone, even after following all the directions on the app. Received a message to update the collar to fix an important power on issue, connected it to the computer as instructed, but nothing happens as far as I can tell. Nothing on the computer tells me if anything is happening prior to hitting reboot on the collar, so I have zero indication as to whether the update happened or not.
The bottom line is that the containment seems to work well, but the tracking, app, and other system interactions seem to be severely lacking. I’m a bit disappointed considering the cost, but it’s still cheaper and quicker than dog proofing 40 acres of fence.
Great Concept, Poorly Executef
For all of its cost, the SpitOn product is miserable. By their own admission it relies on antiquated cell phone protocol. Because of that, it has poor connection capability. The GPS sensitivity is weak. Garmin watches and auto navigation devices have better reception.I am never sure where my pet is truly at.
Poor poor connection
I bought 2 collars. One will rarely connects to map-disconnects frequently. So dog is not warned more contained. Extremely frustrated and disappointed as this system was expensive. Not recommending this product.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- OnPoint Systems, LLC
- 40.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © OnPoint Systems, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.