Sprite Creator is a very powerful and easy to use pixel art drawing app. Create and import sprite sheets, tile maps, or even animated gifs. This app has been designed to be a simple and powerful tool for creating pixel art that doesn't require you to learn an extensive interface with confusing tools.
- Editable layers that you can use to create a single image or use as animation frames
- Layer alpha sliders to make it easier to get that animation just right
- Animation preview window to make sure your animations look awesome
- Easy to use show/hide buttons for layers
- Save/Load right in the app and export using all your favorite sharing options
- Default color pallets to get you started and the ability to save your own
- RGB and HSB color sliders to find the perfect color
- Create a new project at any size you want
- Optional Inspiration View
- Tap and hold to load an image from your camera roll
- Drag to move
- Double tap to resize
- Preview Window to see your pixel art at a small size
- Tap Preview Window to see your layers animate
- Edit project canvas after creation
- Onion Skin (load image as a background for tracing or drawing over)
- Copy (copies a selected area for the selected layer)
- Copy All (copies a selected area for all layers)
- Paste (pastes whatever you have copied on a layer or even a new project's layer)
- Multiple brush sizes
- Line, Square and Circle drawing tool
- Merge layer into another layer
- Hand Tool to make it easier to zoom and pan your canvas
- Export as png, gif, or jpg
- Export and scale your pixel art up
- Export animated gifs
- Export sprite sheets and tile maps with full control over number of rows, columns, margin, and spacing.
- Export single image series. All layers become their own image in one easy export.
- Export Background Color (allows you to pick a specific background color for exporting)
- Alpha Layer Export (you can now export while taking in account any alpha settings on your layers)
- Auto cropping option
- Export Settings Auto Save
- Import sprite sheets and tile maps and slice it into editable layers by setting width, height, margin and spacing.
- Import animated gifs. Sprite Creator will turn each frame into an editable layer
- Import png, gif, and jpg right from your camera roll
For more updates and to see Sprite Creator in action check out our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/spritecreator/
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best app. Plz add Transparency Background PLZ!!!
I've tried out several pixel creator apps and I've find this one to be appealing and interesting. However, I do have one gripe and that is when I upload my imported .PNG file, it uploads the transparent background as white background instead of transparent. And the other problem is that when I export the same file, it's background is uploaded as white instead of transparent. And when I loaded the exported file to photoshop, the background is white instead of transparent which it should have been transparent just like how it was saved in photoshop before it was imported to this app.
Please add the transparency option for the image background when importing and allow to save background as transparent instead of white background. Thanks. Other than that, this is by far the best pixel creator out there! So, I'm giving it a 5 star. 👍🏻
Developer Response ,
I am really glad you like the app! As far as transparent backgrounds go the app supports both importing and exporting transparent backgrounds. If you could shoot me an email at email@example.com I can verify if it is something odd with the image or you are doing something unexpected.
Amazing! But there’s some kinks
I’ve been using this for over a year now and I adore the new interface (even if I had to battle the muscle memory of the old one) and the app overall but few things that I’ve been thinking about,
First of all there’s what I believe is a nasty bug. This is a problem I’ve only come across after the update, some of my older sprites (which opened fine before) now cannot load and crash the app. This hasn’t happened from any other update so I assume it’s because of the new one. I’m lucky the sprites this happened to I have exports of, but I’m still going to have to recreate them and I’m afraid of this happening to a file I don’t have a export of. It seems random on the sprites it affects, so I have no idea how to prevent it.
2. Opacity: the fact that it doesn’t keep the color when it merges is rather irritating, like I want to make a character underwater so I have a blue color with opacity on it, but when it merges it becomes solid blue meaning I just have to recolor it manually.
3. The files themselves need a better menu, with the amount I’ve made I have to keep scrolling down and back up to find something, I end up saving what I need again just so it’s at the top.
4. Please have a color select, I don’t mean eye dropper obviously, I mean selecting only areas of the sprite with a specific color (I feel like I’m wording this badly,sry), it’d make recoloring so much less of a hassle.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great feedback. It appears there are some new memory limits and really large drawings or ones with lots of layers may fail to load. I found some ways to optimize the loading and the next update may free up enough memory to reopen some of your previous drawing.
Worth the price
This app is definitely worth its price, there’s no ads to distract you, the size multiplier is very useful, the animation is a cool feature that’s easy to use, and it has a way of creating custom colors. There aren’t any bugs, and it’s a great app to use for sprite creation. The only thing I suggest is making a tool that flips your sprite in opposite directions, for example, I was making a sprite turn all the way around, and I made it face the left but, I had to make the one facing right from scratch since there wasn’t any flip tool. But besides that, I love this app 👍🙂
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review. There actually is a flip tool on the layer. All you have to do is select the layer you want and hit the flip button at the bottom of the layer list. It was meant for exactly what you are doing and will flip left and right for you. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.