Gregorian Chant for the Masses!
Square Note puts a huge library of Gregorian Chant scores—over 800 unique chants and counting—right at your fingertips. Always wanted to learn how to read square note notation? Always wanted to have the amazing Gregorian Chants of the Catholic Church on your iPhone and iPad? Square Note brings the ancient music of the Church to your mobile devices, ready for you to utilize in your schola, your choir, or your home.
* Beautifully rendered chant that automatically formats itself to fit nicely on your screen.
* Hear the melodies of the chants, adjusting speed and pitch, to learn how the chants are sung.
* Easily adjust chant viewing settings, including zooming in, zooming out, and toggling certain chant markings.
* Bookmark your favorite chants or the ones you'll be practicing in your schola.
* Search and find chants by name or even by searching through the full text of the chant.
* Automatically include Gloria Patri paradigms to your Introit and Communion antiphons.
CURRENT CHANTS: Mass Propers for the Proper of Seasons (Ordinary Form and Extraordinary Form); some propers for major Feasts and Solemnities; most commons for both the OF and EF; Latin Kyriale, including all traditional 18 Masses and 6 Creeds; some Marian antiphons (simple and solemn forms) and a smattering of other antiphons and hymns. More chants to come--let us know what you'd like to see included!
- Fixed bug affecting share/export on iPad
Ratings and Reviews
A very helpful app
This is a very helpful app, especially for not so musically inclined people such as myself. I do have one request. There was an app called iChant that was rendered useless by the latest iOS update. It was basically like a little keyboard except for Gregorian chant. You press the note and you hear what the note should sound like. Could such a feature be added to this app? It would really put this app over the top.
Great, but missing a whole season???
I love this app! It’s so useful for someone like me who needs the practice and sometimes is without my Liber and a cantor to direct the pitch. I love the simple chants additions as well!
However, the whole Epiphany season is missing? The 4-6 Sundays following Epiphany, and the three Sundays leading up to Ash Wednesday are absent. Not sure why, but it’s happened before that something is missing or out of order compared to my Liber Brevoir. That aside, the app is fantastic.
A hidden gem
I discovered this app by Providence. I’m a cradle Catholic who has always been drawn to Gregorian chant. I just started attending Latin Mass and wanted a resource to help me learn how to chant to supplement my prayer life. This app has been extremely helpful in this capacity.
The Interface is clean, simple and intuitive. Using the app on an iPhone 13 Pro Max.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Oblates of St. Joseph
- 107.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Oblates of St. Joseph