Gregorian Chant for the Masses!
Square Note puts a huge library of Gregorian Chant scores—over 800 unique chants and counting—right at your fingertips. Always wanted to learn how to read square note notation? Always wanted to have the amazing Gregorian Chants of the Catholic Church on your iPhone and iPad? Square Note brings the ancient music of the Church to your mobile devices, ready for you to utilize in your schola, your choir, or your home.
* Beautifully rendered chant that automatically formats itself to fit nicely on your screen.
* Hear the melodies of the chants, adjusting speed and pitch, to learn how the chants are sung.
* Easily adjust chant viewing settings, including zooming in, zooming out, and toggling certain chant markings.
* Bookmark your favorite chants or the ones you'll be practicing in your schola.
* Search and find chants by name or even by searching through the full text of the chant.
* Automatically include Gloria Patri paradigms to your Introit and Communion antiphons.
CURRENT CHANTS: Mass Propers for the Proper of Seasons (Ordinary Form and Extraordinary Form); some propers for major Feasts and Solemnities; most commons for both the OF and EF; Latin Kyriale, including all traditional 18 Masses and 6 Creeds; some Marian antiphons (simple and solemn forms) and a smattering of other antiphons and hymns. More chants to come--let us know what you'd like to see included!
Performance improvements, bug fixes, & corrections to chants.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A very helpful app
This is a very helpful app, especially for not so musically inclined people such as myself. I do have one request. There was an app called iChant that was rendered useless by the latest iOS update. It was basically like a little keyboard except for Gregorian chant. You press the note and you hear what the note should sound like. Could such a feature be added to this app? It would really put this app over the top.
This has been an amazing app, and has served me many times as both a cantor and chant nerd. I’m often asked to sing a new chant with little notice, and this gives me an extra tool in my prep kit. I highly recommend it.
Great App but please add Jubilate Deo Sequence
This is a great app. I am a beginner and I know other beginners who are discovering this wonderful app. For us beginners I would request you add the “beginners compilation” - the Jubilate Deo compilation issued in 1975. Yes there is a great deal of it in your Kyriale and Other Chants but not all of it and not in one place on the app. If you did you might have the distinction of doing more to further the goal of the Jubilate Deo than anyone else in over 40 years!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.