A goofy chameleon with a love for dancing introduces children to letter sounds and phonics in a fun way as kids learn to spell independently. This game tracks individual spelling progress and adapts the gameplay to help children understand how to correct their spelling as they experiment with letters and explore word construction.
Compatible with the Square Panda Playset, children stay engaged in their learning while using Square Panda smart letters to hear their chameleon friend sound out any letter or word, even silly words! In exploratory mode as children spell out real words, a picture of the word will appear and a celebratory animation and dance will reinforce the learning! This also helps them understand where the sounds in the words originate.
Great for children who have limited knowledge of how to spell and need additional guidance. In word mode, words are leveled from CVC to CCVC/CVCC and the curriculum provides consistent exposure to vowel sounds as well as common consonant blends. Square Panda Lagoon will help them learn: the Alphabet, letter sounds, word construction, vocabulary comprehension, spelling and reading fluency.
Phonics Benefits: Children learn that symbols correspond with specific phonemic sounds and when placed individually or together create brand new sounds. These sounds tied-together have meaning and this meaning is the construct for the entire English language.
· Over 2,500 pictures of children’s first words
· Over 100,000 possible phonemic word creations
· Fun game modes that engage children and encourage them to practice spelling (Exploratory Mode and Word Mode)!
· Enter your own pictures of family, familiar objects and even words in the Square Panda Parent Playground and see them appear!
· Inventive spelling: children can play without "failing" and build confidence
· Adaptive learning: children start in assessment mode and Square Panda track's their ability to spell real words in real time. From there, children are prompted with specific words at their level or stay in exploratory mode and spell their own words.
· Scaffolded feedback: children who misspell words will be given prompts repeating the whole word back, breaking down individual sounds and providing visual cues. Square Panda's tracks letter and word mastery for future sessions.
· Real time performance tracking: reporting in Square Panda’s Parent and Teacher Portals now includes detailed analysis of spelling errors and more.
Fixed an issue where the game was crashing on some iOS versions
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This game has a lot of potential, but also needs a lot of improvement. When you start the game sometimes it does not give direction. After I spell a word it gives no instruction. I think the player should be able to sound the word out after the computer then the word is processed to see if the pronunciation is right or wrong. The meaning of the word should also be included. I think the game should tell the player what to spell instead of just saying to spell something. There should also be a progress bar to know how much the child has learned. The basic structure of the game is well made. I think it does need a lot of add ons. These are only recommendations but it would give better feedback to the kids. Thank you for your time.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for the thoughtful suggestions! Comments like yours will help improve our games and player experience. The Lagoon game was designed for older kids who can freely spell any word that they can think of while other games such as Bowling, tells the player what to spell. I've also forwarded your comments to our development team.
I have 5 and 2. Love the hands on tile + fun games. Concise and straightforward enough for my 5 yo to do, needs more help than other panda options but fun challenge
Worked at first, now crashes every time I open it. Multiple attempts to contact support for 2 days has lead nowhere. The calls get forwarded to voicemail every time. Really disappointed because this was such a great learning tool until recently.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.