SRR Counter for Dogs and Cats
Count your pet’s heart rate while they are sleeping. It is a must have if your dog or cat has a heart condition and your vet recommends you track their heart rate on a regular basis.
EASY TO USE
With the SRR Counter for Dogs and Cats app, you can easily count your pet’s breathing rate for 15 seconds, 30 seconds or 60 seconds. When your pet exhales, tap the Breath button to start the timer. Continue to tap the Breath button each time your pet exhales. Once complete, the number of breaths will display.
– If you select 15 Seconds, the app will calculate each time you tap times 4.
– If you select 30 Seconds, the app will calculate each time you tap times 2.
– If you select 60 Seconds, the app will display the number of times you tap.
– The Apple Watch will provide haptic feedback with each tap. This allows you to watch your pet breathing, rather than your watch.
– You will receive a haptic notification when the timer is finished and be presented with the total breath count.
– No audible feedback so you won’t disturb your precious pet at rest! Please set the Apple Watch to silent to fully utilize this feature.
I created this app when my rescue dog, Bizou, went into heart failure at age 13 and was diagnosed with a grade 5 heart murmur. She was on several medications and my vet recommended I begin tracking her breathing to help them in regulating the dosages of her medications. I found it difficult for just 1 person to watch her breathing while also watching a timer to know when to stop counting. My goal was to make this much easier.
Contact your veterinarian for normal and elevated heart rates for both cats and dogs. If your pet has an elevated heart rate or you have any concerns about his or her health, please immediately contact your vet.
Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to implement new features based on your ideas!
See more information at www.verkadesg.com
All proceeds go to the Humane Society of York County http://humanesocietyofyorkcounty.org
Added iOS 13 Dark Mode support
- Ability to add notes to a count
- Multiple pet support
Ratings and Reviews
Great App - One Wish
This app is wonderful and has made tracking my cat’s respiratory rate very easy. My only suggestion would be to add a feature that would allow the user to add notes to a specific entry in the history. This would be helpful in tracking and remembering the context of each rate. I imagine this would also be useful if someone needed to track the rates of multiple animals.
Just what I needed
This is exactly what I needed to track my dogs breaths. I showed the app to my vet and they were very impressed!
The only thing I would recommend would be support for multiple pets. I ha e two dogs with heart conditions and would love to be history for the both of them in the app that is easily identifiable.
My vet recommended this app after I to took my newly adopted cat for an exam in which she was diagnosed with heart disease. Makes monitoring her heart rate so simple and I love that it tracks the history. I agreed with the other reviewer who suggested there be the ability to add notes to each entry. Would like to see that in a future update.
- Verkade Solutions Group, LLC
- 28.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Verkade Solutions Group, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.