SSDReporter is an application that checks the health of your internal Solid State Disks ("SSD" aka "Flash Storage"). Since SSDs have a limited life-time determined by the number of write operations it is important to keep an eye on your SSD status. SSDReporter can warn you by e-mail or on-screen each time the health of your SSD decreases and/or when the health falls below the 'warning' or 'error' thresholds. The current status of your SSDs is also always easily recognizable because SSDReporter changes its icon (optionally in the menubar) from green to yellow (warning threshold) and finally red (error threshold) as the SSD health decreases.
*** LIMITATIONS & COMPATIBILITY ***
Only 'internal' SSDs are supported, disks connected via USB&FireWire do not work with SSDReporter.
eSATA & ThunderBolt connected SSDs may work if the enclosure is S.M.A.R.T.-compatible.
Some SSDs do not support S.M.A.R.T. at all or incompletely and therefore do not work with SSDReporter:
- a few 2013 and 2014 MacBookAir models contain 'TOSHIBA' SSDs (APPLE SSD TS0128F/TS0256F) which are incompatible
- the "SEAGATE 600 SSD Series" is incompatible
- most 'Micron' and 'Crucial' SSDs are incompatible
- some 'OCZ' SSDs including the ArC, ONYX, AGILITY4, VECTOR & VERTEX3/4/450/460 but excluding the TRION are incompatible
- most 'OWC' SSDs including the MERCURY ELECTRA and the 'Aura SSD for Mac Pro' are incompatible
- many 'Micron' and 'Crucial' and 'Mushkin' SSDs are incompatible
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
- macOS 10.13 'High Sierra' or later
- At least one compatible internal "Solid State Disk" (SSD) or "Flash Storage" disk (see above)
*** WEBSITE ***
For more information please visit:
• IMPORTANT: The minimum system requirements have been raised to macOS 10.13
• Add support for 'Dark Mode' on macOS 10.14 'Mojave' and higher
• Show 'warning' icon when no compatible SSDs are found
• Added compatibility with more ADATA SSDs like the 'SU' and 'SP' models
• Added compatibility with SAMSUNG 'MZ7TE' models
• Improved compatibility with TOSHIBA SSDs
• Improved compatibility with Kingspec SSDs
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Essential info for SSD users who count on their computer.
SSD cells have a limited number of write cycles, so it’s dreadful that Apple does not provide this important data to the user. Thanks to the developer for putting this out there. Numerous options for putting the status indicator on your dock or menu bar to suit the way you work.
I’ve been using this app, as well as the related SMARTReporter app, for many years. i rely on these apps to warn me when it’s time to replace a drive, before they break and data is lost
Found this useless
It is not until you purchase, open the app and read the documentation do you find that there are a list of SSD’s that this app does NOT work with.
There is no mention of these SSDs in the description of the app in the App Store BEFORE you purchase. Within the app you are invited to try the DEMO version to see if your SSD will be monitored by this app. Though it is not expensive I find this inexcusable and wish my money returned. There is no way of easily contacted support.
Developer Response ,
sorry but we can not reproduce any of your issues:
1.) the list of incompatible SSDs if right there in the description on the Mac App Store (contrary to your claims). you do know you have to click on 'More…' to see the whole description text? the list of incompatible SSDs is also mentioned multiple times on the website, which any potential customer should visit before purchase
2.) we have a free DEMO version for SSDReporter and any other of our products, so that you always can try-before-you-buy. please complain to Apple that we are not allowed to mention the DEMO on the Mac App Store description text.
3.) you can easily contact our support either from our homepage or within the app by clicking "Contact support"
i hope Apple gave you your money back since you seem to have an incompatible SSD. if not, please contact us so that we can arrange something.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CoreCode Limited
- 4.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 CoreCode Limited. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.