Stack Exchange is a network of 100+ question and answer communities on everything from software programming to cooking, photography, and gaming. With this app you can:
• Read, ask, and answer questions on the best question and answer center in the world
• Track all your interests in one place with the new combined feed view
• Get instant notifications when you receive an answer or comment
This is the official app for all Stack Exchange sites, including Stack Overflow, Super User, Server Fault, Ask Ubuntu and Arqade.
New to Stack Exchange? Here’s how it works:
• Anybody can ask or answer a question
• The best answers are voted to the top
• You earn reputation points for every vote you receive
• Unlock privileges as you earn reputation, like the ability to comment or vote
• The community is run by you: moderators are elected, and top users have access to special tools to help moderate
- Fixed a crash on iOS 8 when viewing a second question in the app. I guess I should have dropped iOS 8 support when I said I was going to. This is it though, assuming nothing else breaks.
- Fixed notification routing if you have both this app and the Stack Overflow app installed. (Both apps need to be updated for the fix to work.)
Because you asked so nicely on meta:
- Added dimming and highlighting for wildcard favorite and ignored tags.
- Fixed iPad first-question-favorited label highlighting.
- Fixed sorting filtered by no-answer and multiple tags (any).
- Improved "next answer" button behavior on page breaks.
- Made the "Flag" button still work when flagging fails.
- Better support for image links where the embedded image is scaled.
- Stopped wiping out the default site list when pinning the first site.
- Added moderator diamond to users' account lists.
- Tag wikis match better match the web site.
- Fixed scrolling on wide MathJax.
- Removed errant s's.
If you want your bug featured on the above list (and fixed), please ask on meta. There's a helpful shortcut in the "About" page in the menu.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Decent app. Could be improved
The app functions very well for asking/answering questions. It would be nice to have a centralized feed for questions from all joined sites, without all the badges and reputation notifications getting in the way.
It would be a huge improvement to have some kind of interpretation of the Jax in the comments and notifications, and titles/links of the questions in the main feed.
Great app, 2 basic things could improve
This app is great. It’s incredibly useful to have stacks exchange in an app with all my sites in the sidebar so I can switch between them easily.
I have two complaints that should be easy to fix:
1) The text is as big as the text under the apps on my phone and it cannot be adjusted. I’m young and have good eyes, but it’s a little ridiculous. Put a text adjustment bar in settings please.
2) when you search a word/phrase looking for questions that have that word/phrase in the title the search comes up with every time that word/phrase is used in a title, question body and answer. I don’t think it shows comments, but still this is really silly. It’s not just the app though, this is a problem with the stack exchange website too, which for me is a sign of very poor development. Searching questions and titles for a word/phrase is helpful, maybe even have them separated by those categories and let the person doing the searching choose, that’d be really helpful to narrow the search and waste less time try to find what you were looking for.
Needs more focus and many updates to catch up!
I frequently use Stack Exchange, specifically Stack Overflow for development questions. The Stack Exchange and Stack Overflow website is frequently updated and it gets new changes often to make sure it is top notch. This app is the opposite. It’s last update was two years ago and it needs some changes made to it.
First off, we need to see it fit iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, and iPhone 11 Pro size devices for the best experience. The application view ratio is still from iPhone 8. Second, the app needs some bug fixes and improvements to make sure it is catching up with new development changes.
I would use this app often as long as some changes are made to update and make it fit the newest iPhone displays.
- Stack Exchange, Inc
- 74.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Stack Exchange, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.