Stacks is a secure all-in-one productivity tool bringing an easy and friendly interface that accompanies you towards completing any challenge you may come across.
With Stacks, you will have more time to achieve your goals instead of planning how to do it and better understand and manage your workflows, track time and optimize productivity and anticipate the required time to complete tasks.
Why choose Stacks over Trello?
Stacks has most of Trello's premium features and it allows you to take control of where to store your data. Indeed, Stacks works on top of your local folders or on the cloud service of your choice, keeping your data safe. Currently, you can use Stacks for your personal projects, we are working on adding a collaboration feature in the near future.
- Added Copy/Move wizard for both the Tasks and Stacks - this will allow users to treat tasks as templates
- Added Tasks Table View column sorting
- Added People Table View column sorting
- Added option to unarchive archived tasks or to be copied as new into a selected Stack
- Added a markdown cheatsheet in the custom text field in the task details
- Added hotkey to quickly remove a selected task (Cmd + Backspace on Mac and Ctrl + Backspace on Windows and Linux)
- Added Preference to quickly select a Stack and/or Task
- Fixed Person Detail window not respecting dark mode preference
- Fixed Start Date formatting in the Task Details
- Fixed Dashboard not showing the correct overdue task count
- Fixed text selection in the Notepad
- Renamed the Preferences option to "Add task to bottom" instead of "Add task to top"
- Search will also search inside archived tasks
From the previous release (version 1.2.2)
- Added table view filter by task status
- Fixed subtasks not behaving correctly
- Overall minor bug fixes and improvements
- Added tick marks in the table view filters
Ratings and Reviews
Getting better, but still not vready
1. Data is private hosted on the user’s Mac.
2. It syncs fairly well across Macs.
3. I like that the task cards have ample text space for comments, and this is hidden from the main view (less clutter and smaller cards) but can be revealed by clicking on the task card.
4. Subtasks are also hidden (in the task detail view) but the number of total and completed subtasks are show on the card; clicking on the card shows subtask details and text.
5. Handy notepads, that can hold text and images, can be e associated with projects for more background or other detailed info.
6. Color options for tags and for stack headers.
1. Font is small and difficult to read. You cannot change the font (no larger option, bold, italics, color).
2. You cannot drag and drop emails into tasks (make tasks from emails).
3. No iCal/calendar events.
4. No share extension
5. You can attach documents but you cannot view/open without first downloading them.
6. There is no iOS version
7. No export option.
8. If you are not in the project that has an overdue task, you will not know you have one. Some Kanban apps I tried list the number of completed and total tasks in the sidebar next to each project. If there is a task that is due soon the project name and the number of tasks next to it turn orange, and turns red if a task is overdue.
9. Incomplete user manual (developers say they are working on it).
10. NO iOS app.
Developer Response ,
Hi SBCpp, We are deeply sorry for your negative experience with Stacks. To ensure that all of our stacks users are completely satisfied, please ask the refund and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send you a coupon code to download the new release for free. There was one bug with folder permissions that we have already fixed with the new version; you should not encounter any other bugs, but if you do, please contact us directly and we will solve it quickly. Also 100% of the functionalities we have listed, are available on the app, so please let us know what you have not found in the app of what we advertised. Finally, because we are a small team, we have been focusing on the product first, and we plan to work on the user manual in the coming days; if you want to share what you would like to see first, please do so we will work on that.
In conclusion, we are really sorry for your experience so far but we hope that we have addressed all your concerns so that you can give a Stacks another chance and if you find it better now, to update your review. Thank you so much, Stacks team
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cristian Barlutiu
- 83.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Cristian Barlutiu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.