Stand Up! is a fun, flexible work break timer. By now you know that sitting down is slowly killing you, and we want to help you live longer. It's also great for RSI sufferers, or anyone that needs to take regular breaks.
• Free and fully functional! It comes with one alarm tone, and one In-App Purchase unlocks the rest.
• Completely customizable to your work schedule. Set it and forget it.
• Set your reminder interval to any five-minute increment between five minutes and two hours.
• Want to time how long you should stand once you're up? You can set that too.
• The header shows you at a glance how you're doing, and the 7-day history shows how you did this week.
• Limit alarms to your office location so it doesn't bug you when you go out to lunch.
• Many custom alarms, some quite insistent. And there's a random mode to keep you on your toes.
• Interactive notifications, acknowledge the reminder from the lock screen.
• A Today widget lets you see how long to your next reminder, and to skip or pause notifications.
• Alternate color schemes in case you really hate that yellow.
We don't micromanage you, and we don't make you feel guilty. There's no compulsive tracking and time management, and we don't tell you what exercises you need to do. Just regular, simple reminders to get up, with easy confirmations so you can get a sense of how you're doing.
Thanks for using Stand Up! If you still like Stand Up! we'd appreciate you taking a moment to review it.
A small release, but useful:
- Used to be the minimum "stand" amount was five minutes, but that's a lot when work beckons. The minimum is now one minute.
- Some of you pointed out that you are working when you stand, so you don't want to be told to get back to work. Understandable! The "sit back down" message is now customizable.
- The only other sound you hear is the squishing of bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great App - Simple to Use
I work at a desk and need a reminder to get up and move around. This is the perfect little app! You can select how often to remind you, what days, and even where. The snooze is a very nice feature too if you’re not able to get up and move at the moment. Simple and effective. It’s just what I need! It’s free with one sound but with a donation you can unlock other sounds. I personally like the Unignorable sound. And - you can customize your alert message. I put in a Bible Verse to memorize. Fancy that!! Every time the alarm goes off I get up to stretch AND practice my Bible memorization. I can’t say enough good things about “Stand Up!” I highly recommend this neat little app.
Good App if You Have Your Phone in Front of You Often
Reasons why this app is good:
1. Of all the other break timers, this one really is the best available in the Apple App Store. I've downloaded a number of them with the exception of those that had bad popup reviews, and this one is the best.
2. You can setup the Start and Stop time, set the interval time and days of the week, and it shows you at the top of the screen how many of the goal breaks you were able to hit.
3. They seem very customer focused with a button to directly email them with feedback.
Reasons why this app is bad:
1. The black background is hard to see in the sunlight.
2. The alert volume is very low. I have it on the highest setting and still miss my alerts.
3. The alarm will only go off once. If I miss it (refer to number 2 above) I'm SOL. It doesn't keep beeping until you've acknowledged the reminder either. So I've often missed two to three timers in a row and never noticed.
4. You have to pay extra for the other sounds. I would rather pay more upfront then get hit with surprise costs. Makes me feel like they tried getting one over me.
This app would get five stars if:
1. The reminder didn't go away until i picked up my phone and acknowledged it and if it were a little darn louder! Everything else would be a nice change (background color, one price for the app and sounds) but not necessary for 5 stars.
Works exactly as I need it too
Discovered this app as I was looking for something to remind me to use the sit-stand desk I have at work. Love that you can easily change the intervals of reminders and other settings. The gps function is also really wonderful so I’m not bothered by reminders to stand and move when I’m not at my desk.
The only reason I left a star off is the notification sounds. The one included in the free version is VERY quiet. I rarely hear it and, if my phone is off to the side, don’t see the screen light up. Hence, I miss the reminders quite a bit and only notice them if I check my phone for something. Would be lovely if there was an option for just a vibration only notification since I think I would feel that better than seeing or hearing the reminder.
Great app for what I need it for!!
- Raised Square, LLC
- 21.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Raised Square, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Gracious Tip $0.99
- Generous Tip $1.99
- Complete Sound Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.