Take command of humanity’s last survivors and rebuild an empire among the stars. In this immersive turn-based strategy game, you must lead the refugees of the great Exodus to a new home in hostile space and build a new galaxy-spanning civilization. To survive in the dark reaches of space, you will have to fight to protect your people, control rival factions, and unlock lost technology.
This challenging civilization-building game expands upon the universe of the original Star Traders RPG. As the leader of a splinter group who have fallen behind the main fleet, you have no choice but to settle nearby habitable worlds, stake your claim and try to prosper.
Your forces will face hostile aliens at every turn and your fleets will do battle in a challenging tactical conflicts across the solar systems. As the waves of stellar conflict wash across your empire, you’ll face invasions, devastating planetary bombardments and need to exact the same on alien infestations to expand your empire.
Within your own imperium, you must manage your economy, political realm, and technological research. The squabbling factions vie for power, unable to lay old rivalries to rest. Only your deft political maneuvering can build treaties and harmony over discord and war. From the helm, you must also construct a mighty economy, one capable of surviving the devastation of war and the attacks of political adversaries. A sprawling technology tree lies before you and your choice of technologies will determine the strategy of your galactic civilization. To survive, you’ll need to overcome some of these challenges, to succeed you must master them all.
Take control through the strategic use of spies, economics, politics, technology and advanced weaponry in the most engaging, expansive and intense turn-based sci-fi title. Rebuild the human civilization from the ashes of interstellar war to become the galaxy’s ultimate leader in Star Trader 4X Empires.
* Grow a ragtag band of survivors into a new galactic empire.
* Protect your colonies of galactic refugees from alien attack.
* Employ devious political and economic machinations to expand your domain.
* Use spies and espionage to get the upperhand on your enemies.
* Research and build incredible new ships, weapons and technologies.
* Trade with a vast universe full of rich, dynamic characters.
* Explore the galaxy and uncover its many secrets.
* Multiple difficulty levels and customizable map sizes.
* Risk everything to rescue refugees and keep them safe.
The Star Traders 4X Elite experience allows you to:
* Play on more than twice the maps, including large and huge Quadrants
* Play the Great Houses & Clans - Thulun, Javat, and Steel Song
* Unlock the Elite tech tree and gain access to hundreds of new upgrades
* Battle against twice the alien enemies and AI types
* Research 180 Technologies, 100 Weapon Types and 9 unique Hull Variants
Get ready for the fight of your life in Star Traders 4X Empires.
Star Traders 4X Empires is on Facebook:
Join the Community Forum:
Try our Other Top RPGs
Star Traders RPG
Heroes of Steel RPG
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- New Map for Free "The Rim: 100x50 Map (50 Worlds)"
- Added New "Superscale Manufacturing 3" Tech
- Added New "Factory 8" Upgrade
- Improved Turn Recent Events List
- Improved UI of Tech Tree, summary display
- Fixes for "Degla: 100x100 Map (150 Worlds)"
- Fixes for "Degla: 80x80 Map (90 Worlds)"
- Tech Tree Updates and RP Cost Balancing
- Improved Xeno Colonization Planner AI
- Minor Performance Improvements / Fixes
- Fixed crashes in Research Project List and Technology List
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, lots of depth!
I don't often write good reviews - either a game is good and it gets lots of good comments or it doesn't. But I am making an exception in this case. This is a good game - tons of technology developments to research, extensive development potential of your planets, all kinds of ship design possibilities, etc. Also, the player's "race" is broken into three factions (which you can choose in the full version) - all of which have their own special bonuses. But the political infighting among your factions brings a whole new level to the "develop and conquer" genre. Don't take my word for it - try the free version and then purchase the full version after you have experienced it!
My only real complaint is that the game can "drag" at the end. It would be nice if the developers would add a "mercy" ending whereby you have the option of accepting victory when you control a certain percentage of the galaxy and perhaps also have a certain advantage in number/technology level of existing ships. It would also be nice if there were a random map generator, but there are enough pre-set maps to keep a person entertained for years.
I look forward to future updates of this game!
Another Trese Winner
The Trese Brothers don’t make bad games, full stop. ST4X is a mighty fine 4X experience, mobile or otherwise, with some cool innovations around multi-faction colonies, and some seriously awesome user interface design. They have built a rich universe with the Star Traders property, full of lore that is fun to dive into across multiple excellent titles.
When you purchase a TB game, you aren’t just getting the software. In spite of always working on something new, these guys actively engage with their players, listen to the feedback, and update games that are sometimes years old. I sincerely am baffled at where they find the time.
Trese fan for life. Buy this game and support a couple of cool guys who care deeply about their fans and the hobby.
Great Space Game!!!
Very fun, Very addictive! A great space game to play. This game can give you long lasting saves that you can take your time on. The game offers colonization, politics, exploration, space battles, and research for new technologies.
The developer, Trese Brothers, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Trese Brothers LLC
- 75.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Trese Brothers LLC 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Faction Expansion: Great Clans $1.99
- Alta Mesa Ship Skin Pack $0.99
- Hyperion Ship Skin Pack $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.