Get news from Minnesota’s most trusted source through the Star Tribune app for iPad and iPhone. Easily explore more stories, find more content, discuss more, engage more, and be the first to know more with breaking news alerts. Download it today and get more of what matters to Minnesota from the state’s largest newsroom. All day, every day.
• Explore more: From in-depth investigative reports to the latest local, regional, state, national and global news, our awarding-winning 200+ journalists cover it all.
• Find more: Search for your favorite columnists, stories, or browse through sections.
• Discuss more: Easily share, text or email a story.
• Engage more: Have an opinion? Leave a comment and be a part of the conversation.
• Know more: Get breaking news alerts and be the first to learn when news happens.
The Star Tribune app is free to download, and all users enjoy a sampling of articles. Star Tribune Subscribers get full access to the app, plus unlimited access to StarTribune.com, with a qualifying subscription.
SUBSCRIPTION SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER:
Get your first month FREE!
• Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of complimentary articles each month. Get Star Tribune Premium Digital Access for only $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• Your subscription to Star Tribune Premium Digital Access includes unlimited content on StarTribune.com and complete access to the Star Tribune app on smartphones and tablets.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase after the first-month trial.
• Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to email@example.com or call 612-673-7040.
We’re always working to improve your experience so you can explore more stories, engage more, and be the first to know more with breaking news alerts.
New in 2.2.0:
· We added Sports Alerts along with Breaking News Alerts so you can choose the type of alert you would like to receive. Go to settings within the app to enable one or both.
· Updated the framework we use to build the apps (React Native).
· Improved video performance and addressed miscellaneous bugs.
Have questions or concerns? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve had this app for quite a while and have been very pleased until a couple of weeks ago when it started freezing up every time I attempt to use it. At best it is very, very slow, but lately I’m lucky if I can read one article before it freezes.
I am extremely frustrated because I just renewed my subscription for a year and now I can’t read the paper online because this app won’t work properly.
Please fix this issue ASAP.
Still bad after all these years
The old app was awful. The new app is awful too, just in different ways. There are two major problems. One is that it is way too sensitive to touch. When you are scrolling through the screen it takes you to articles that you happened to lightly press on when scrolling. You have to keep your touches to the narrow margins on the sides if you don’t want the app to open up articles. That is not practical.
The second problem, and the bigger one, is related to the first. If you happen to touch a photo when scrolling, it opens the photo up and then you can’t close it. The only way to get out is to force quit the app and start all over again. These are problems that any minimum amount of testing should have caught.
Another issue just came to mind. Having no photos in the obituary section is a huge step back. I look first at the photos, not the names. I don’t even bother looking at that section now.
Still buggy - MONTHS later
Below is my initial review from November. I’ve changed from 2 stars to 1 star. It is now mid-January and...nothing. App still freezes when a photo is even accidentally touched. Beyond frustrating and it was today...50 days after submitting my review that the Apple review dept checked in. FIX IT OR LOSE YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!
I’ve got the paid version of this app, and it’s pretty frustrating experience using it. The worst thing is the problem with merely touching a photo: the photo pops up and you cannot close it. You have to delete the app and restart it, which is maddening! I see this problem has existed since at least June 2018, its now end of November and...nada, zip, nothing on a fix.
Developer Response ,
Hi pjoe$$, we're continuing to investigate this issue further and to get it resolved. To resolve this temporarily on your iPad, we recommend force closing the Star Tribune News App.
We would also like to connect further with you. Please feel free to email us directly at email@example.com, so we can gather more information of your iPad.
- Star Tribune Media Company
- 23.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 StarTribune. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Digital Access $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.