Get news from Minnesota’s most trusted source through the Star Tribune app for iPad and iPhone. Easily explore more stories, find more content, discuss more, engage more, and be the first to know more with breaking news alerts. Download it today and get more of what matters to Minnesota from the state’s largest newsroom. All day, every day.
• Explore more: From in-depth investigative reports to the latest local, regional, state, national and global news, our awarding-winning 200+ journalists cover it all.
• Find more: Search for your favorite columnists, stories, or browse through sections.
• Discuss more: Easily share, text or email a story.
• Engage more: Have an opinion? Leave a comment and be a part of the conversation.
• Know more: Get breaking news alerts and be the first to learn when news happens.
The Star Tribune app is free to download, and all users enjoy a sampling of articles. Star Tribune Subscribers get full access to the app, plus unlimited access to StarTribune.com, with a qualifying subscription.
SUBSCRIPTION SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER:
Get your first month FREE!
• Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of complimentary articles each month. Get Star Tribune Premium Digital Access for only $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• Your subscription to Star Tribune Premium Digital Access includes unlimited content on StarTribune.com and complete access to the Star Tribune app on smartphones and tablets.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase after the first-month trial.
• Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to email@example.com or call 612-673-7040.
We’re always working to improve your experience so you can explore more stories, engage more, and be the first to know more with breaking news alerts.
New in 2.2.3:
• Removed the Facebook login functionality
• Fixed a bug with Breaking News/Sports Alerts
• Addressed performance issues
Have questions or concerns? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I enjoy the Strib, but unfortunately this is a bad app that doesn’t do the paper justice. The layout is fine, but the app has severe operational issues. After about 30 seconds of use, it grows increasingly sluggish, so scrolling becomes like pulling taffy, and if you select an article it will struggle for 15 seconds before it finally manages to get it open. The longer you keep the app open, the worse the sluggishness becomes. It’s very much like walking through mud. You have to close the app and then re-open it, every minute or so. Not a good experience. These problems have become especially bad since early May, 2020.
Still bad after all these years
The old app was awful. The new app is awful too, just in different ways. There are two major problems. One is that it is way too sensitive to touch. When you are scrolling through the screen it takes you to articles that you happened to lightly press on when scrolling. You have to keep your touches to the narrow margins on the sides if you don’t want the app to open up articles. That is not practical.
The second problem, and the bigger one, is related to the first. If you happen to touch a photo when scrolling, it opens the photo up and then you can’t close it. The only way to get out is to force quit the app and start all over again. These are problems that any minimum amount of testing should have caught.
Another issue just came to mind. Having no photos in the obituary section is a huge step back. I look first at the photos, not the names. I don’t even bother looking at that section now.
Worst news app I have
I cannot understand why, after years of development, this app continues to be one of the buggiest and annoying apps I have on my iPad. Constantly freezes, cannot scroll smoothly, crashes, and shows old old news on the front page (home) feed. I would like to be able to scroll through the front page without constant freezing which often results in accidental fat fingers selection of a photo or ad that takes you away from the story. I have the fastest internet you can buy so don’t blame this issue on Wifi signal issues. And I don’t want to see a story I read a week and a half ago on the front page (here’s a tip-it’s not news anymore and this isn’t a monthly magazine). Especially frustrating when paying for this service. I want desperately to support the local newspaper but if this app doesn’t improve soon I may have to rely on local tv station apps.
- Star Tribune Media Company
- 16.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 StarTribune. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Digital Access $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.