Get news from Minnesota’s most trusted source through the Star Tribune app for iPad and iPhone. Easily explore more stories, find more content, discuss more, engage more, and be the first to know more with breaking news alerts. Download it today and get more of what matters to Minnesota from the state’s largest newsroom. All day, every day.
• Explore more: From in-depth investigative reports to the latest local, regional, state, national and global news, our awarding-winning 200+ journalists cover it all.
• Find more: Search for your favorite columnists, stories, or browse through sections.
• Discuss more: Easily share, text or email a story.
• Engage more: Have an opinion? Leave a comment and be a part of the conversation.
• Know more: Get breaking news alerts and be the first to learn when news happens.
The Star Tribune app is free to download, and all users enjoy a sampling of articles. Star Tribune Subscribers get full access to the app, plus unlimited access to StarTribune.com, with a qualifying subscription.
SUBSCRIPTION SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY OFFER:
Get your first month FREE!
• Download the app for free and enjoy a limited number of complimentary articles each month. Get Star Tribune Premium Digital Access for only $14.99/month (first month FREE).
• Your subscription to Star Tribune Premium Digital Access includes unlimited content on StarTribune.com and complete access to the Star Tribune app on smartphones and tablets.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase after the first-month trial.
• Your subscription will auto-renew for $14.99 each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. Please note, you will be unable to cancel your current subscription during an active subscription period.
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to email@example.com or call 612-673-7040.
New in 2.2.5.:
Have questions or concerns? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Push Notifications Lead to Confusion and Frustration
So this app does an inexplicable and thoroughly infuriating thing when you open a push notification. You tap on the push notification hoping to learn more about whatever the notification is about, which launches the Strib app. The Strib app, for no discernible reason then launches a web browser page with the article. If it’s a universally accessible article you can read it in the browser; otherwise it prompts you to log in. Well you were logged in to the DEDICATED APP for the Strib, but, as there is apparently no communication between the app and the browser, beyond this frustrating diversion, you’re not logged in in the browser. Please fix this, or tell me how to adjust my settings to avoid this, but above all fix it.
Worst news app I have
I cannot understand why, after years of development, this app continues to be one of the buggiest and annoying apps I have on my iPad. Constantly freezes, cannot scroll smoothly, crashes, and shows old old news on the front page (home) feed. I would like to be able to scroll through the front page without constant freezing which often results in accidental fat fingers selection of a photo or ad that takes you away from the story. I have the fastest internet you can buy so don’t blame this issue on Wifi signal issues. And I don’t want to see a story I read a week and a half ago on the front page (here’s a tip-it’s not news anymore and this isn’t a monthly magazine). Especially frustrating when paying for this service. I want desperately to support the local newspaper but if this app doesn’t improve soon I may have to rely on local tv station apps.
Poor photo viewing and no dictionary option
This app could use significant improvement. Viewing photos in news stories, especially if on a phone/smaller screen (iphone 11) is a frustrating experience. Photos cannot be zoomed in and if you rotate your phone to try and see them better, they get cut off by the margins of the screen. Also, you cannot highlight a word and use the phone’s built in ‘look up’/dictionary feature. These are basic features which news sites are expected to have.
The app frequently crashes when you select an article to read.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Star Tribune Media Company
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 StarTribune. All rights reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Digital Access $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.