The T2 Remote application takes advantage of a new breakthrough technology from Starkey that allows users to control their hearing aids with a simple touch on their iPhone or iPod touch. This avoids the need for any additional hardware. T2 in the hearing aids will discreetly and instantly classify the tone signal from the iPhone or iPod touch and automatically adjust itself to the desired setting.
Updated to support Japanese translation.
Ratings and Reviews
A good thing to have but needs serious work
I am pleased with my new hearing aids and am glad to have this app as a means of fine-tuning my hearing in settings. However, having said that, this app needs a lot of work.
1. Instead of having to cycle through each setting or volume level one at a time, there should be buttons labeled 1, 2, 3 etc. Having to cycle through the process four times to get from setting 1 to 3 in both ears is very annoying.
2. The volume at which the tone is produced seems to reset to max all the time for me instead of the volume I left it at. This produces unintentional very loud tones that I'm not expecting sometimes and is also disruptive to people around me.
3. an option to store favorite settings would be ideal. For example. I need a louder volume at work because it's a quiet environment. Allowing me to set up the hearing aids as I like for work and then store that setting by myself would be very helpful.
Doesn’t work on airplanes or other ambient-noise situations
First, it IS nice to have a handy way to adjust volume and modes. IF (and only if) you happen to be in a quiet place!
In addition, this system is not at all transparent.
When you put the aids on, you have no idea of the current settings. The app doesn’t tell you the starting place and how to get where you want to go. Instead, using trial and error, you scroll through the choices for both adjustments on each ear.
OK, that can be done; but it seems pretty primitive.
Then when you get to a place where a change is required—like in a meeting, a concert, a restaurant, or an airplane: the app fails to work at all! Seldom is it possible to leave for a quiet place.
So I think 3 stars is quite generous...
I just installed the app on my phone. It doesn’t do anything but turn the volume up or down! And the same with memory! I have a remote that does more than this app! I tried to decrease the volume on my left hearing aid. It didn’t do a thing as far as I know! I heard the same sounds when I put my phone to my ears as I do when I just swipe to hear the tones AND my hearing aid does not make a tone back like they do when I use the house phone T2! Totally worthless! I have a friend who recently purchased hearing aids. I don’t know what brand; but he showed me his app and he can do all kinds of things to his hearing aids including his own adjustments!! You need something like that!!!
- Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
- 30.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Starkey Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.