Amazing app for learning audio! Grab your favorite solos in a tempo that you are comfortable with. Place markers to remember track positions or even record along with your favorite backing track! StarLicks makes learning any audio material easier than ever before. Now featured with the most advanced audio codec on the market - ZTX LE(c) !
Here's what people say :
"This app is RIDICULOUSLY powerful!! Practicing/learning songs have become a tonne easier. From its most basic feature of putting a MARKER, just so you don't have to rely on the lame scrubbing on your iPhone, this app wins already! Then you can drop multiple markers and have that section LOOP!! And then...you can legitimately TRANSPOSE a whole track up or down!? Something that could in the past, only be done on a computer, in a DAW...now it can be done out of your pocket!! What?? Wait there's more...then you can slow down the TEMPO but keep the PITCH...cray cray!! ...and I haven't even checked what the right side bar does...I don't know...I'm too scared! Lol I wanna give it a million stars!! Far out...WELL DONE! "(by Supa Sam)
"I've been searching the App Store to find a quality free app which will help me with a transcription assignment I have to do....and this is PERFECT. Very very very user friendly and if you need to take a piece of a song and slow it down and have it go on repeat this is the app for you. Highly recommended for any people trying to transcribe something"(by Duke of thieves)
StarLicks has been engineered in order to offer exceptional ergonomics and sound quality. No more annoying software, only the best experience!
StarLicks features are :
- play records at speed from 0.25x to 2.0x with outstanding audio quality and lowest possible distortion!
- RECORD along with main track playback at any tempo or at any pitch!
- repeat and loop with one tap!
- place markers to remember the positions of hard-to-learn parts of your audio material
- tune old records or records with orchestra into the tempered scale in a range +- 2 tones!
- listen to what you're playing thanks to input signal monitoring with extra low latency ( adjustable )
- use external plugins with Inter-App Audio support, like AmpliTube(c) (sold separately)
- noise reduction allows recording in the absence of the external microphone
- export and share your recordings, mixed down with a master track!
- sliding bars save screen space, both portrait and landscape orientation support makes it really comfortable to work with StarLicks!
- iCloud makes sure you have your projects synchronized among all of your devices which have StarLicks installed
IMPORTANT: We recommend you to have an iPhone 4S or higher in order to use this app. This app does not contain any songs or audio content, which are shown on the attached screenshots, just for illustration.
Improved interface usability, bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A great aid for those of us who want to learn Jazz from the greats.
Trane, Monk, Miles, McCoy, whatever you can hear you can get with this app. A great tool for learning the language of Jazz, Blues, R N B, and Rock.
Love the option of controlling speed and pitch. Nice find if learning something down to the nitty-gritty. I definitely recommend. Try it out, you won't be disappointed!
Overall, it's good. But why max the default volume? I am shocked. Use the current volume user setting will be better. Another issue is the control is not intuitive. E.G., the speed slider can default to middle, if slide up, increase speed.
- Serhiy Medvedyev
- 19.3 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © MevaSoft Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Export feature $2.99
- Full track playback $0.99
- Full Track + Export $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.