Bug Fixes for iOS11
Ratings and Reviews
I have been waiting for a game like this.
A few things I would love to see:
Much better destruction graphics
The turret targeting needs to improve (maybe I am missing something) would be nice if you could auto target then find adjust if desired. Also if any turrets had no possible solution the would be pulled from the selection list.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the great feedback!
Better destruction graphics (i.e. realistic debris is in the pipeline). For turret targeting, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Turrets can be set to sync fire or individually fire by clicking the button at the top of the screen that looks like two turrets. Individual fire is much better because it can be used to target multiple ships and multiple systems at one time.
- A turret line will light green when you have a firing solution. If you target the engines of a ship, they will be damaged, thus slowing the ship. If you target turrets, they can be damaged and even completely destroyed, diminishing offensive capabilities. Targeting the ship's body will damage it's hull. Eventually enough hull damage will destroy a ship.
- There is also a fine adjust button located between the vertical and horizontal adjustment - it looks like a little target. When clicked, it will toggle between regular and fine targeting movement.
Just What I've Been Waiting For
Reminds me a lot of the classic naval combat games Atlantic and Pacific Fleet, only set in space. Controls take a little getting used to, but once you get the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun to play. Great ship customization options and a variety of weapons.
Lots of potential, not finished yet. Will be great after updates!
I've been a fan of Starlight and Escape Hatch since their Kickstarter, and I've been looking forward to this game for months. I picked it up for $4 at launch, and I'm glad that I did. Some design choices confuse me, but I see that Escape Hatch is continually updating their PC version, and I assume that those updates will come here, too.
My issues: 1) I've played through the first eight missions twice, on all three difficulty levels. So a total of 24 unique missions, 48 missions overall. THE ENEMY SHIPS ONLY FLY IN FLAT, STRAIGHT LINES!!! 2) It is a huge disadvantage to bring additional ships to a battle, since each side gets an equal number of turns... Not each ship, each side... So if I only bring one ship and my opponent brings three, my one will get three turns to each one of his. I see that his is being fixed on PC, so I assume that it will be fixed soon here. 3) There are no save games, and the cash system to buy new ships is punishing. If you don't have enough credits to buy more high-level, decked-out ships when you get blown up, you're going to have to restart the campaign and grind your way up again. NOT FUN. Hopefully this will be fixed, too.
The visuals are awesome, and I think there is a ton of potential here! For four bucks, pick it up! It might be unfinished now, but it will be a great game soon. Not worth $10 until it gets finished.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words - we put a lot of work into the new version which addresses many of these issues. Enemy ships are a lot more fierce now, and will not fly in straight lines, unless they are coming to get you. They will fly in all three dimensions now, which adds to the fun and difficulty. Turn progression can be selected in Options - we left the legacy (move by side) method, but the better way is unit. Ship costs, difficulty, progression, upgrade costs have all been addressed, and the starter ship (the Colin Powell) is free - if you lose it, it costs nothing to replace. We have also added the ability to sell off individual upgrades and a salvage fee that is paid when a ship is destroyed to counteract the effect you were seeing. Save game is automatic, since the game uses permadeath. Thank you for the kind words and great feedback!
- Escape Hatch Entertainment
- 789.2 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2017 Escape Hatch Entertainment, LLC. Starlight and Starlight Tactics are trademarks of Escape Hatch Entertainment, LLC. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.