Use your iPhone's compass and gyroscope to find planets, constellations, and more with crisp, colorful, high-definition Retina graphics that use every pixel of your iPhone! Hold the universe in your pocket!
• Try StarMap 3D Plus for iPad support, more stars, thousands of Deep Sky Objects, and original constellation artwork.
StarMap 3D is the portable star atlas for beginners or advanced astronomers. Use StarMap 3D to find the planets, stars, constellations, star clusters, galaxies, and nebulae visible to you based on your location and time. StarMap 3D will even use the compass to automatically align the map!
• Retina Display Compatibility
• Over 15,000 stars, with detailed information for each of them
• 303 deep sky objects, with details such as distance from Earth, diameter, apparent size and orientation, and morphology
• All 88 modern constellations, with lines based on the outlines from "The Stars: A New Way to See Them" by H.A. Rey
• MacRobert and Classic constellation lines also available
• Location-based-services (LBS) / Global Positioning System (GPS) support, or manually enter your longitude and latitude
• Adjustable date and time of day
• Also adjust time instantaneously and interactively with the Time Scroll feature
• Compass support, if present
• Planetarium Mode for seeing only objects visible to you, or browse the entire celestial sphere
• 3D Mode for visualizing the universe in three dimensions
• Bug fix and general improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Iv seen other apps that give better pictures but you can move the screen by sliding this one let’s you know the location and by not sliding the screen around let you really get to know stars a little better and how amazing it is that people without today’s technology understood it and this app lets you do that
ok app, but completely ruined my calendar
the app itself works pretty good. tracking is decent, plenty of data. i wish the time slider was a little more intuitive. there isnt much support for comets or asteroids but thats ok. the bad thing that happened, is that the app has accessed my calendar and jam packed it with every single upcoming moon phase and astronomical event for the next 1000 years. this wouldn’t be so bad- in fact, it would be pretty neat- if it weren't for the fact that every event was added precisely FOURTEEN TIMES. my calendar is utterly filled with endless identical entries, thereby making it difficult to find other calendar events of mine. furthermore, even after revoking the apps access to the calendar and even deleting the app altogether, the redundant entries are still there. i would have to go along and delete them manually, one at a time- which would likely take several lifetimes. so, i will have to live with this and be content to be emphatically over informed about every single upcoming and passed astronomical event, for the rest of my natural lifespan
Best Star Ap
This is the best app I have ever used for space. It is extremely accurate and I always know where things are in the sky! If I could rate above 5 stars I would!
- Edward Sanville
- 100.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2019 Ed Sanville
- In-App Purchases
- Constellation Artwork $0.99
- More Stars $0.99
- More Stars $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.