Star2Star’s StarPhone* leverages your company’s existing investment in Smartphones without requiring an increase in expensive cellular minutes. Since softphone calls are carried over an IP data network, most users will find that they don’t use as many cellular minutes. This can result in a significant cost savings.
The Star2Star Mobile Softphone for iPhone provides users with these features:
- Show your Star2Star business number as your caller ID when you make calls to protect your personal cell phone number.
- StarPhone users appear on the Star2Star system as standard extensions.
- Outbound calls made from StarPhone travel over the IP data network, and are not billed for airtime as cellular calls.
- Presence indicator shows users the status of other system users: green for available, red for busy, yellow for ringing, and blue for dialing
- Favorites list allows fast dialing of frequently used numbers
- iPhone contacts list integration for calls outside your organization
- Voicemail inbox provides one-touch access to voicemail
- Call transfer
- Conference calling for on-the-fly meetings
- Secure user authentication
- Calls can be placed over WiFi and 3g/4g networks
- Push Notification for incoming call and voicemail
- Activity tracking provides easy access to past inbound and outbound calls for reference or redial
- Built-in support help allows you to send relevant log information to expedite problem solving should you need assistance.
Disclaimer: Star2Star's StarPhone app is not a replacement for your cellular service. You may not be able to make emergency (e.g. 911) calls using the app. If you attempt to make a 911 call from the app while using a device that has been enabled with a native or cell phone application, the app will close and the emergency call will be placed over the native or cell phone application through your cellular carrier's network. If you attempt to make a 911 call using the app from a device that is not enabled with a native or cell phone application and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, your call may be routed to a different dispatcher from that used for traditional 911 dialing and you will be charged a fee per incident. If you attempt to make a 911 call using the app from a device with no connectivity to either cellular service or Wi-Fi no call will not be placed.
* For existing Star2Star customers only.
* New Bug Fixes that resulted in some users experiencing crashing
* Improved support for network connections
* Login issues should now be resolved
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Snapshot in App Store Misleading
My company uses another Star Communications product called S2S Softphone. We were approached with the Star phone option a few months ago but turned it down because it was not able to conference 2 lines together on a call (according to Star Com, and our intermediary vendor, Interface)
I came across the app and out of curiosity checked out the features; I had no idea that there was an App and thought this was pretty cool especially because the first screenshot previewing the app shows a Merge feature.
I revisited the discussion with our intermediary rep because this was not possible before; sure enough we were told that this is still not a feature that Star Phone offers.
While a decent product, I think it is very misleading to show that button when it apparently does not work.
Mostly reliable with some flaws
I’ve switched to remote work with my office and the app has been very helpful. My first issue is that I cannot send or receive calls on WiFi. As a remote employee that stays in one location, this is really inconvenient to not have the option for WiFi.
The other flaw is that when on a call, if someone else rings in, rejecting the incoming call ends up losing audio on initial call.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback.
Your first issue dealing with wifi calls; by default calls will use your data connection. What this means if you are on the wifi all calls go out via wifi; if you are on your cell data all calls go out the cellular data network. NOTE: NO calls go over cellular Voice Network.
The other issue you mentioned is that when you are on a call and received another call you will lose audio. We have tested this feature with both cellular calls and VOIP calls and cannot reproduce this issue. With this said we are not doubting this is an issue for you, if you could please work with our Technical support group at 844-304-7827; thank you.
Great Mobility App
I use the Star2Star system for my real estate company. My agents and I love it. great for seeing who is available. Keeps our contacts close and allows us to appear we are calling from our office rather than our iPhone so we don't have to share our private mobile numbers.
- Star2Star Communications, LLC
- 44.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Star2Star Communications, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.