Star2Star’s StarPhone* leverages your company’s existing investment in Smartphones without requiring an increase in expensive cellular minutes. Since softphone calls are carried over an IP data network, most users will find that they don’t use as many cellular minutes. This can result in a significant cost savings.
The Star2Star Mobile Softphone for iPhone provides users with these features:
- Show your Star2Star business number as your caller ID when you make calls to protect your personal cell phone number.
- StarPhone users appear on the Star2Star system as standard extensions.
- Outbound calls made from StarPhone travel over the IP data network, and are not billed for airtime as cellular calls.
- Presence indicator shows users the status of other system users: green for available, red for busy, yellow for ringing, and blue for dialing
- Favorites list allows fast dialing of frequently used numbers
- iPhone contacts list integration for calls outside your organization
- Voicemail inbox provides one-touch access to voicemail
- Call transfer
- Conference calling for on-the-fly meetings
- Secure user authentication
- Calls can be placed over WiFi and 3g/4g networks
- Push Notification for incoming call and voicemail
- Activity tracking provides easy access to past inbound and outbound calls for reference or redial
- Built-in support help allows you to send relevant log information to expedite problem solving should you need assistance.
Disclaimer: Star2Star's StarPhone app is not a replacement for your cellular service. You may not be able to make emergency (e.g. 911) calls using the app. If you attempt to make a 911 call from the app while using a device that has been enabled with a native or cell phone application, the app will close and the emergency call will be placed over the native or cell phone application through your cellular carrier's network. If you attempt to make a 911 call using the app from a device that is not enabled with a native or cell phone application and you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, your call may be routed to a different dispatcher from that used for traditional 911 dialing and you will be charged a fee per incident. If you attempt to make a 911 call using the app from a device with no connectivity to either cellular service or Wi-Fi no call will not be placed.
* For existing Star2Star customers only.
Extensions no longer disappear from Company Contacts in the app when they are hidden from the Company Directory (also known as 'search for extension by name'). The new behavior mirrors that of desk phones.
Ratings and Reviews
It was okay but now it doesn’t even work
So before the last update, the app already wasn’t great but it allowed me to answer a call if I was away from my desk phone. It never gave me an option to place a call on hold though which was frustrating. And also if another call came in, it would still ring loudly in my ear while I was trying to hear the other person.
And now since the newest update, the app won’t even open. I’ve tried restarting my phone, I tried deleting the app and redownloading it, nothing works.
Snapshot in App Store Misleading
My company uses another Star Communications product called S2S Softphone. We were approached with the Star phone option a few months ago but turned it down because it was not able to conference 2 lines together on a call (according to Star Com, and our intermediary vendor, Interface)
I came across the app and out of curiosity checked out the features; I had no idea that there was an App and thought this was pretty cool especially because the first screenshot previewing the app shows a Merge feature.
I revisited the discussion with our intermediary rep because this was not possible before; sure enough we were told that this is still not a feature that Star Phone offers.
While a decent product, I think it is very misleading to show that button when it apparently does not work.
Literally the worst app I have ever used. It doesn’t let you log into or out of your queue without trying 10-20 times, more often than not the person on the other end of the line cannot hear you speaking, even when someone else answers the call your phone will keep ringing and it won’t stop until you hit the decline button. It would actually ring until your phone dies even though there isn’t anyone to pick up the phone for.
So much frustration with this app. Just stay away.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Star2Star Communications, LLC
- 44.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Star2Star Communications, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.