This new version of Starship Captain is completely free. No in-app purchases!
Starship Captain is an epic role-playing strategy game where you travel from between star systems in search of adventure. You start with a small ship and some money and work to build a fortune and see the universe.
Along the way you can buy and sell cargo, accept missions, mine asteroids, attack and plunder other ships, upgrade your ship, and help others. You can talk to patrons of the spaceport bars to uncover multi-part missions and solve mysteries.
• Buy cargo at one spaceport and take it to another to sell for a profit.
• Accept missions to deliver strange and unusual cargo.
• Talk to characters at spaceport bars to hire crew, find treasure and unravel mysteries.
• Upgrade your ship’s weapons, armor, shields and engines.
• Fight other ships to take their cargo with a unique simple combat system.
• Fly around asteroid fields and mine them for ore and precious metals.
• Manage your fuel, crew and other factors to maximize profit.
• Play completely for free, or buy relativity crystals to speed up travel between distance star systems.
Requires: iPad 2 or newer, iOS 8 or newer.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Tons of fun!
Nice trading, mining, and fighting game. Relaxing to play. I'd like to see more upgrades and maybe a bigger selection of ships to buy. Currently there is only one ship. A banking system would add to the game. Possible five stars after next revision.
Why isn't this more popular?
This game is fun, and easy if you give it like ten minutes! I don't know if it was a glitch, buuuuuuut I wasn't treated to a tutorial, or even a "LET ME TELL YOU EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS" sorta thing, and it actually felt better than a tutorial. With the minimal "this does that, that does this" with certain screens, as well as a locked stat screen (which helps a lot) and crew and missions to keep you interested. I've barely scratched the surface on this, and I love it to bits.
Good but incomplete
I really love the concept of the game however it has some issues. The main being lack of content. Literally the same to missions over and over. Help rebels on Ramon or blight on Mitus. That’s it. The mini quests were good but became bugged and the person you are supposed to speak to never shows up. Space combat is okay though hard to maneuver. I really like that you can mine asteroid fields and find loot
The developer, CleverMedia, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- CleverMedia, Inc.
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iPadOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 CleverMedia, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.