Start Player is the definitive method for choosing the start player for your next game!
Start player is NOT A GAME. It's a tool. A utility. Dare I say, an activity! It's fun! Never again will you need to wonder who should go first in your next game. Now you have Start Player! (Start Player also comes in handy for determining who should pick up that check at dinner.)
Start Player is based on a pack of cards with the same name created by Ted Alspach and featuring the characters from his award-winning Board2Pieces web comic.
Start Player has four unique ways of choosing your start player:
1. Card Start lets you determine the start player by drawing a random, virtual card that lists the zany criteria for choosing the start player. Want to choose the start player based on your street address or who bathed most recently? Then this is the choice for you!
2. Spin Start lets you spin the big wheel of fortune and have fate decide for you.
3. List Start is for the impatient among you. Dial in the number of players, hit the button, and just read the names off a randomly sorted list.
4. Finger Start is like Russian Roulette without all that pesky blood. Everybody puts their finger on the device, someone pushes a button, and "Hey! Presto!" we have a new Start Player!
Is it silly? Of course! Is it fun? Absolutely!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Start Player now supports Apple Watch!
In addition, you can now keep track of 5 different sets of player names. Play with different game groups? No problem, now you can have a different set of names for each group!
Ratings and Reviews
Could be better...
Was looking forward to using this app in my classroom! Love the graphics and the colorful animation but, am disappointed that the spin option only allows for 12 names and the list option only allows 21 names. Please consider both options to allow for at least 30 names.
Broken in iOS 8.1. Works with 8.4
The latest version won't display on an iPhone 5s on iOS 8.1. Updating to iOS 8.4 resolves the issue.
It does not "crash" as the app, with odd new/bad font size is displayed in the multi task view. However trying to access the app does not work and the app "crashes" back to the main iPhone screen.
A fun way to start your game
The new update is great. There are lots of options for picking starting player, player order, etc. We've been using this app for months in our board game group and have loved it.
The developer, House Full of Games, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Steve Blanding
- 17.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Steve Blanding & Ted Alspach
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.