The Startel Secure Messaging Plus application is a safe and effective way to send and receive HIPAA compliant text messages.
Message content and attachments are encrypted on servers and on smartphones, and in transmission. Fully configurable, senders are in complete control of determining the length of message life within a maximum 30 day period.
Selected features include: expiring messages, voice/image attachment capability, remote wipe capability and device receipt notifications.
Startel Secure Messaging Plus supports HIPAA and HITECH compliance.
Users can receive messages across multiple devices using a single login including tablets, smartphones, and personal computers.
If protecting your sensitive text messages is of importance to you, your organization and your industry – choose right and depend on Startel Secure Messaging Plus.
- Fixed Repeat Notification tones playing the Apple Default Tone
- Added 6 tones from the Original SM application
Ratings and Reviews
2 majors issues iOS 13.3
1. Does not work in Dark Mode 2. If you are viewing a message in portrait mode and happen to turn your phone to landscape the app locks up. However, you can view the messages in landscape but only if you turn your phone to landscape prior to going into the message from a user. Anotherwords ..Tuen it to landscape while viewing the screen with the list of users you are messaging. So if you happen to be viewing a message and you happen to pull your phone away from you face do do whatever, when you bring it back up to continue reading your message, you’ve inadvertently turned your phone. So now it locks up and you have to press the power button to lock the phone and reopen the app. Frustrating.
Messages unreadable in dark mode
Messages are completely unreadable in dark mode, but there’s no way to disable dark mode in the app. That means you need to go into your phones settings each time to disable dark mode globally just to read a message, then go back afterwards to reenable it. If developer could make dark mode more readable or just disable it entirely would be much better! Also the badge notifications don’t work properly, will continue to display several unread messages even after they’ve been read, you have to refresh each time you want the unread message number to update. Otherwise, works fine.
Updated review after another year- Poor execution
Further below is my original review. After using this app (meaning “compelled” by the answering service and the company I work for), I am convinced this app is horrid. It is useless in Dark Mode.
The user interface is horrible. The alert tones are about 20 years old, and you cannot use your own device tones. Some tones are too quiet and others are obnoxiously loud. Very sloppy in the way it is set up to respond to an answering service message. If the initial message is not first highlighted then a reply is sent as a separate message without the answering service knowing which prior message or page it is in response to.
No way to confirm a message to the service was received.
Our office answering service uses this messaging app to send a “page” to the on-call provider. This app alone is reason enough to get a different answering service.
This seems like a “thrown together” effort by someone who did not speak with actual users for input or feedback for development.
It looks, operates, sounds, and has the interface of an App that was written a decade ago and has not been updated.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Startel Coporation
- 26.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 Startel Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.