Located on Adelaide's cultural boulevard, North Terrace, the State Library of South Australia is the largest public reference library in South Australia.
Our self-guided walking tours highlight aspects of the city, allowing you to travel through time at your own pace. Current tours include:
- Darkness in the City of Light – Walk through what was once the underbelly of the City of Churches. Full of dubious characters, ‘lurk merchants’ and others just down on their luck.
- War memorials of Adelaide – self guided walking tour will take you on a journey of monuments, memory and emotion
- Lost Adelaide: the West End – self guided tour of the lost architecture of the colourful West End of Adelaide. A complementary tour to Darkness in the City of Light
- Lost Adelaide – The tour features snapshots of lost architecture in Adelaide. Compare historical photos from the Library's rich collections to the architecture of today.
- Significant South Australians – Will introduce you to some exceptional people who have shaped South Australia’s history.
- Dowie’s Adelaide – A tour of John Dowie’s public art in Adelaide, one of SA’s most renowned sculptors
- State Library of South Australia trail – Understand the diverse range of resources held at the Library and its public spaces
- Orientation to the State Library of South Australia – Highlights to the collections, services and resources of the Library
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. We advise you to quit the app when finished.
- Performance enhancements.
- Minor bug fixes.
- State Library of South Australia
- 110.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © State Library of South Australia
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.