From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Austin American-Statesman app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• This app is free to download and all users can access a sampling of free articles every month.
• For unlimited access to all content, subscribe now and get one month for 99¢ ($10.99/month after), or $69.99 annually. If you are already a subscriber, you can sign in with your existing subscription.
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.statesman.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: email@example.com
• More Personalization: We're adding in greater flexibility and new features to help you follow the topics most relevant to you for upcoming events. Keep a look out for more "My Topics" around big events coming soon.
• More Stories: We're now showing only our latest published content in the More Stories section to keep you up to date on what's happening now.
• As always, we've fixed some bugs and improved performance.
Ratings and Reviews
Statesman the real Austin key
I have read the Statesman since I was six. I am now 76. I have lived in LA, Stanford California, Durham NC and the North Carolina, Houston and the North Shore of Oahu before coming home.
The investigative reporting of the Statesman is top
Notch. I love Micheal Barnes and -Herman. I get the digital daily and the Sunday plus Show World.
Austin needs to have its own top-notch newspaper plus connection to the national news. I will keep subscribers and hope that people who move into the Austin area will subscribe to the Statesman in order to learn about their new remarkable home and the things it loves like sports.
As a displaced Austinite, I appreciate being able to read what's happening in the City of the Violet Crown. Navigating the site can be tricky at first but with patience it becomes manageable.
Modified my rating from 4 to 5 stars. The late 2020 revamp eased navigation considerably, and the new layout is much cleaner.
Gives me the news I need!
A recent example is I kept my notifications on during the recent winter storm disaster, and got a lot of information quickly about what was going on. Exactly what I needed!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 191.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Statesman Live - Monthly $10.99
- Statesman Live - Annual $69.99
- Subscription $69.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.