Austin American Statesman 12+
- Offers In-App Purchases
From critically acclaimed storytelling to powerful photography to engaging videos — the Austin American-Statesman app delivers the local news that matters most to your community.
• Access all of our in-depth journalism, including things to do around town, sports coverage from high school to the pros, and much more.
• Enjoy a streamlined, fast-loading experience that makes it easy to view the stories, photos, and videos that matter to you.
• Get breaking news, sports scores, and weather alerts with real-time notifications tailored to your interests.
• Customize your experience by saving your favorite stories, adjusting text size, using night mode, or reading offline.
• Terms of Service: http://cm.statesman.com/terms/
• Questions or Comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Subscriptions are charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and automatically renew each month or year, unless turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable. See "Subscription Support" in the app's Settings for more details and customer service contact information.
• This version brings back the popular in the lower navigation.
• The update includes plenty of bug fixes and improvements.
• For any questions, feedback or concerns please reach out to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Statesman the real Austin key
I have read the Statesman since I was six. I am now 76. I have lived in LA, Stanford California, Durham NC and the North Carolina, Houston and the North Shore of Oahu before coming home.
The investigative reporting of the Statesman is top
Notch. I love Micheal Barnes and -Herman. I get the digital daily and the Sunday plus Show World.
Austin needs to have its own top-notch newspaper plus connection to the national news. I will keep subscribers and hope that people who move into the Austin area will subscribe to the Statesman in order to learn about their new remarkable home and the things it loves like sports.
Uses overseas call center
Yes, that’s right—the Austin “American” Statesman uses an overseas call center to manage their subscriptions! After using this subscription for over 4 months, I decided it wasn’t worth my time. To cancel my subscription was an exercise in frustration. When I finally found the well-buried and hidden “cancel subscription” link, I got a “this feature not available at this time” message, with a telephone number to call for assistance. That number connected me to the overseas call center. It took several minutes to cancel the subscription, but only after insisting I did not want to transfer it to another family member or friend. Typical of this subscription, to be expected of a news feed filled with ads disguised as news stories, video news links that lock you into 15-second ads you can’t skip or back up from, old, repeated news articles, and those irritating links that trick you into accidentally linking into other ads. This is a BAD news ap!
Much improved over 5 years ago
Smooth. Logical. Yay! The improvements in using the app since the buyout of the Statesman several years ago are dramatic! Easy navigation with ads enough out of the way that you can digest articles without constant worry. The paper has good enough focus on local but not as much investigative content as needed but the app works very well.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 197.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2023 Gannett Co., Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Statesman Live - Monthly $14.99
- Statesman Live - Annual $69.99
- Subscription $69.99
- Subscription $14.99