Explore earthquakes near you or from around the globe using the new IRIS Station Monitor app! Select from hundreds of seismic stations throughout the world. View up-to-the-minute recorded ground motions or see recordings from previous days and past events. Get information about recent events and choose to annotate wave arrivals.
- Favorite Stations: Like and create a list of favorite stations.
- Internalization: Support for Spanish, English, and Serbian.
- Contact us: Request a feature, or contact us from the map page dropdown menu.
- Improved help on the map page, where is my favorite station.
- Refresh webicoder data: Page pull-down will update webicorder for today.
- Bugfixes: First arrival labeling, updating the framework and backend.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent Data Source
As an electronics engineer (now retired), I once had a job maintaining and engineering seismic observatories. At the time, I had daily access to the inner workings of seismometers, both long and short period instruments, their installation, operation, and calibration being part of my daily job. Being very familiar with their output, I am pleased to see actual data freely available, presented in a format that really hasn’t changed in over 50 years. Outstanding!
Great earthquake app
It lets you see Seismic data at thousands of Seismic recording stations around the world using an easy map and colorful icons with Seismic traces and full day webicorder plots, so that you can see if an earthquake you felt or heard about pn the news was recorded or felt nearby to you. I really like it. simple gets the job done. Educational.
Great science tool!
Snappy interface and easy-to-use layout make this a great tool for exploring seismic data from stations near and far. Perfect for science education or for your average seismo-geek.
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology
- 27.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.