Stave’n’Tabs is a notation and tablature editor for your Mac. Simple interface, fast files’ opening, smart and convenient tools let you feel the atmosphere of the majestic classical scores, dynamic rock ballads or good old jazz. Support of the main musical formats such as MIDI and MusicXML allows you to easily listen and practice your songs and compositions created earlier.
Begin creating music
• Start your new score from the scratch or with one of the two dozen templates
• Get inspired by famous composers in the Library
• Listen sounding and choose instruments for your parts from the list with more than 150 items (keyboards, guitars, strings, drums, percussions, etc.)
• Connect your MIDI devices to Stave'n'Tabs
Edit scores with Smart Contextual Musical Panes
• Enter notes with intuitive instrument-independent interface, Virtual Piano Keyboard or computer keyboard
• Explore and edit your score with sophisticated Piano Roll and Drums Editor
• Modify notes with dots, tuplets and ties
• Customize clefs, key signatures and time signatures for bars
• Change dynamics
• Switch between enharmonic equivalents of the notes
• Use customizable voices
• Edit tabs with Virtual Fingerboard
• Setup tunings with the large value of presets
• Use Scientific or Helmholtz pitch notation when entering notes
• Edit tabs with keyboard
• Diminish, augment and subdivide note values
• Transpose pitches by semitones
• Make your music alive with lyrics
• Input notes by Staff Positions
• Navigate around the score with Tracks board
• Set the visibility for instrument parts in the score
• Select and customize horizontal, vertical or page layout for your score
• Find out information about the selected elements in the Status Panel at the bottom
• Save changes to PDF for Free
• Edit title and information about creators
Practice your songs
• Play the whole composition or selected fragment
• Customize metronome clicking and countdown
• Loop the playback of the desired part
• Look at the keys on the virtual Piano keyboard
• Detect non-playable objects with red highlighting
• Use "Starred scales" to determine the chromatic scales most similar to the selected area
• Adjust the semitones of the selected area notes to the chromatic scale
• Customize the chromatic scale for adjustment
Work with different formats *
• snt - Stave’n’Tabs project
• xml - MusicXML
• mxl - Compressed MusicXML
• midi - MIDI
• kar - Karaoke files
• gp, gpx, gp5 - Guitar Pro files
* Stave’n’Tabs PRO (in-app purchase) removes all restrictions of the free version
• Saving to any supported format
• Editing of Music XML, MIDI, Karaoke and Guitar Pro files
• No watermarking
• Fixed issues with audio playback of crescendos and diminuendos
• Now, if there is a capo, the symbol of the capo chord (which diagram is used) is displayed in brackets above the symbol of the sounding chord
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
Thanks for your feedback and feature requests! They really help and inspire us on our way to the perfect and simple app that could become your true friend in the wonderful world of Music.
Have a good music making with Stave’n’Tabs!
Ratings and Reviews
Can't open the app
I can't open the app without it crashing. I want to purchase the full version because, for the time that the app worked for me, it did exactly what I needed. However, I'm worried about paying for the full app since the free version keeps crashing as soon as I click on the window! I'm giving 3 stars because the app was great before I experienced this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks a lot for your review. Terribly sorry for the problem you've been facing to! During last months we have received a couple of feedback messages with the similar description of the problem to our email email@example.com and replied to them. We guess those messages were yours. It seems that you did not receive our answers for some reason. Could you, please, check your spam folder. If there are no our replies and you still cannot contact us via email, please, provide more information about those crashes at staventabs.com/hc in the Disqus thread. Thus, we'll be able to solve the crashing issue as soon as possible. Thank you a lot in advance!
I understand navigating a music score can be complex. Its because of that the interface MUST be simple to use. But this is not. I installed the app and literally spend 30 minutes trying to add a single note to a single position on the staff. There is no tutorial, no guide, etc. I went to the website and found some instructions. I did find some, but they are completely non-intuitive. Navigating, selecting bars, measures, adding chords. Its all slow, clumsy, etc. Then I FINALLY found how to add single notes. You select a "spot" on the staff (inside an event), and you type on the keyboard. But the letters you type make seemingly make no sense. You want a C note? Type the letter A. You want a D note? Type S. What?? E note: type D. Seriously?
And of course the FREE version you can't save your work. That's not an app - its crippleware.
Save yourself some time. Skip this one.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review.
The easiest way to add a single note to a single position in Stave'n'Tabs is to: 1) switch to Selection > Staff Positions (Cmd-B); 2) navigate to position using keyboard arrow keys; 3) toggle note with Return/Enter key (for sharp note use "+" key, for flat click "-").
Unfortunately, the Musical Typing feature confused you because you were expecting to enter notes by their names. But it uses the concept of interacting with keys as they were on the piano keyboard. View > Show Musical Typing (Option-Cmd-K) opens a helper view with hints about using this tool.
We hope those explanations above will be helpful.
We were very sad to know that Stave'n'Tabs does not meet your expectations. Sorry that website materials were not intuitive enough for you. In future we'll try to make them more complete and clear. Thank you!
NVM, IT IS PERFECT
After using the free one for a while, I bought it. And it surpasses all expectations. I love it, I have made awesome music. 10/10
Ps. DONT LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEW, THEY ARE JUST TOO LAZY TO LEARN, PLUS 18 DOLLARS IS HARDLY A DENT IN YOUR WALLET.
Edit: the new interface is quite stunning, in a good way though. I caught on relativily quickly to it since I was familar to the old one, but it may be over whelmening to someone just getting this. So all I have to say is don't give up, because you'll get the hand of it after a bit of using it
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you a lot for your kind review about the new update and using the Stave'n'Tabs! We still continue improving the app to provide you with the top-level musical notation software. As for help materials, updating them is in our near plans. We hope the new manuals and the future updates won't disappoint you either. Great thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ivan Korovin
- 106.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2022, Stave'n'Tabs Team
- In-App Purchases
- Pro version $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.