Staventabs Pro is a notation and tablature editor for your Mac. Simple interface, fast opening of files, smart and convenient tools let you feel the atmosphere of the majestic classical scores, dynamic rock ballads or good old jazz. Support of the main musical formats such as MIDI and MusicXML allows you to easily listen and practice your songs and compositions created earlier.
Begin creating music
• Start your new score from the scratch or with one of the two dozen templates
• Get inspired by famous composers in the Library
• Listen sounding and choose instruments for your parts from the list with more than 150 items (keyboards, guitars, strings, drums, percussions, etc.)
• Connect your MIDI devices to Staventabs Pro
Edit scores with Smart Contextual Musical Panes
• Enter notes with intuitive instrument-independent interface, Virtual Piano Keyboard or computer keyboard
• Explore and edit your score with sophisticated Piano Roll and Drums Editor
• Modify notes with dots, tuplets and ties
• Customize clefs, key signatures and time signatures for bars
• Change dynamics
• Switch between enharmonic equivalents of the notes
• Use customizable voices
• Edit tabs with Virtual Fingerboard
• Setup tunings with the large value of presets
• Use Scientific or Helmholtz pitch notation when entering notes
• Edit tabs with keyboard
• Diminish, augment and subdivide note values
• Transpose pitches by semitones
• Make your music alive with lyrics
• Input notes by Staff Positions
• Navigate around the score with Tracks board
• Set the visibility for instrument parts in the score
• Select and customize horizontal, vertical or page layout for your score
• Find out information about the selected elements in the Status Panel at the bottom
• Save changes to PDF for Free
• Edit title and information about creators
Practice your songs
• Play the whole composition or selected fragment
• Customize metronome clicking and countdown
• Loop the playback of the desired part
• Look at the keys on the virtual Piano keyboard
• Detect non-playable objects with red highlighting
• Use the "Starred scales" AI to determine the chromatic scales most similar to the selected area
• Adjust the semitones of the selected area notes to the chromatic scale
• Customize the chromatic scale for adjustment
Work with different formats:
• snt - Staventabs project
• xml - MusicXML
• mxl - Compressed MusicXML
• midi - MIDI
• kar - Karaoke files
• gp, gpx, gp5 - Guitar Pro files
One-time in-app purchase called "Lifetime License" supports Family Sharing and removes all restrictions of the free version:
• Saving to any supported format
• Editing of MusicXML, MIDI, Karaoke and Guitar Pro files
• No watermarking
• The macOS app is now officially called Staventabs Pro
• Brand-new app icon in "sleek black"
• The in-app purchase has been renamed to Lifetime License so that you don’t think it’s a subscription
• Bug fixes
Thanks for your feedback and feature requests! They really help and inspire us on our way to the perfect and simple app that could become your true friend in the wonderful world of Music.
Have a good music making with Staventabs!
Ratings and Reviews
I understand navigating a music score can be complex. Its because of that the interface MUST be simple to use. But this is not. I installed the app and literally spend 30 minutes trying to add a single note to a single position on the staff. There is no tutorial, no guide, etc. I went to the website and found some instructions. I did find some, but they are completely non-intuitive. Navigating, selecting bars, measures, adding chords. Its all slow, clumsy, etc. Then I FINALLY found how to add single notes. You select a "spot" on the staff (inside an event), and you type on the keyboard. But the letters you type make seemingly make no sense. You want a C note? Type the letter A. You want a D note? Type S. What?? E note: type D. Seriously?
And of course the FREE version you can't save your work. That's not an app - its crippleware.
Save yourself some time. Skip this one.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review.
The easiest way to add a single note to a single position in Stave'n'Tabs is to: 1) switch to Selection > Staff Positions (Cmd-B); 2) navigate to position using keyboard arrow keys; 3) toggle note with Return/Enter key (for sharp note use "+" key, for flat click "-").
Unfortunately, the Musical Typing feature confused you because you were expecting to enter notes by their names. But it uses the concept of interacting with keys as they were on the piano keyboard. View > Show Musical Typing (Option-Cmd-K) opens a helper view with hints about using this tool.
We hope those explanations above will be helpful.
We were very sad to know that Stave'n'Tabs does not meet your expectations. Sorry that website materials were not intuitive enough for you. In future we'll try to make them more complete and clear. Thank you!
THRILLED so far!!!
I just downloaded this free app about an hour ago and am very happy with it so far! I needed to notate my guitar chords so I could remember what I wrote. This app does so much! It seems to do everything I need. Still learning about it but it is very user friendly, has text/lyrics and lots of music notation functions. Thank you! I can’t say enough. I don’t want to go through all the functions and explain how to use it but I highly recommend it. Comes with a good help guide or just click around and you can usually figure something out. Great for guitar and lead sheet writing! More of my experience to come later. Looking forward to seeing the print capabilities. I tried to print straight from the editor/project window but it printed large and off the page, however, I haven’t tried to save it to PDF and then print. I would like to know if IAmTheWalrus got his issue resolved as I have not tried to compose with a triplet yet. Also had an issue with the slur lining up just where I wanted it between two 16th notes, however, I may not be savvy with it yet (I was trying to indicate a slide from one fret to another). Seriously considering buying the extended version.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks a lot for your kind review! You can change the score's pages layout for printing in the top menu > Layout > Horizontal / Vertical / Pages. As for the sounding issue with the triplets it'll be fixed in the next update. Could you, please, email us (email@example.com) some more information about the 'slur lining' issue so we can reply in more detail? Thank you!
So much potential, but...
I purchased the Pro version of this app. It does (or could potentially do) so many wonderful things that are exactly what I’m after, which is arranging guitar chords and lyrics along with bass tabs and notation. The problem is that I have found it absolutely tedious to use on my Mac desktop computer. I’ve been using point and click, with occasional key strokes to enter my music and it takes me way too long to do very simple parts. The interface seems to fight me every step of the way. There must be a better way, but I find that the available documentation and video instruction are as cumbersome as the app itself. Even if I manage to finish the song I’m currently working on, it is going to take twice the number of pages because I can’t seem to condense the vertical space between the parts. I hope the developers improve its ease of use, because I need something with less muscle than Logic Pro for what I’m doing, but it still needs to feel musically responsive. And please add contrast to the UI. I need to be able to see a cursor--or highlighting that stands out more than pale yellow on white—so I can see which part, beat, or bar I am working with.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thanks for your feedback and your suggestions! We'll try to take into account your recommendations about the UI and documentation when planning future updates. Thank you!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ivan Korovin
- 105.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, French, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2024, Staventabs Team
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime License $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.