Stave’n’Tabs is a notation and tablature editor for your Mac. Simple interface, fast files’ opening, smart and convenient tools let you feel the atmosphere of the majestic classical scores, dynamic rock ballads or good old jazz. Support of the main musical formats such as MIDI and MusicXML allows you to easily listen and practice your songs and compositions created earlier.
Begin creating music
• Start your new score from the scratch or with one of the two dozen templates
• Get inspired by famous composers in the Library
• Listen sounding and choose instruments for your parts from the list with more than 150 items (keyboards, guitars, strings, drums, percussions, etc.)
• Connect your MIDI devices to Stave'n'Tabs
Edit scores with Smart Contextual Musical Panes
• Enter notes with intuitive instrument-independent interface, Virtual Piano Keyboard or computer keyboard
• Explore and edit your score with sophisticated Piano Roll and Drums Editor
• Modify notes with dots, tuplets and ties
• Customize clefs, key signatures and time signatures for bars
• Change dynamics
• Switch between enharmonic equivalents of the notes
• Use customizable voices
• Edit tabs with Virtual Fingerboard
• Setup tunings with the large value of presets
• Use Scientific or Helmholtz pitch notation when entering notes
• Edit tabs with keyboard
• Diminish, augment and subdivide note values
• Transpose pitches by semitones
• Make your music alive with lyrics
• Input notes by Staff Positions
• Navigate around the score with Tracks board
• Set the visibility for instrument parts in the score
• Select and customize horizontal, vertical or page layout for your score
• Find out information about the selected elements in the Status Panel at the bottom
• Save changes to PDF for Free
• Edit title and information about creators
Practice your songs
• Play the whole composition or selected fragment
• Customize metronome clicking and countdown
• Loop the playback of the desired part
• Look at the keys on the virtual Piano keyboard
• Detect non-playable objects with red highlighting
• Use "Starred scales" to determine the chromatic scales most similar to the selected area
• Adjust the semitones of the selected area notes to the chromatic scale
• Customize the chromatic scale for adjustment
Work with different formats *
• snt - Stave’n’Tabs project
• xml - MusicXML
• mxl - Compressed MusicXML
• midi - MIDI
• kar - Karaoke files
• gp, gpx, gp5 - Guitar Pro files
* Stave’n’Tabs PRO (in-app purchase) removes all restrictions of the free version
• Saving to any supported format
• Editing of Music XML, MIDI, Karaoke and Guitar Pro files
• No watermarking
• New icon for Pitches panel
• Multiple bug fixes and stability improvements
Thanks for your feedback and feature requests! They really help and inspire us on our way to the perfect and simple app that could become your true friend in the wonderful world of Music.
Have a good music making with Stave’n’Tabs!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
NVM, IT IS PERFECT
After using the free one for a while, I bought it. And it surpasses all expectations. I love it, I have made awesome music. 10/10
Ps. DONT LISTEN TO THE NEGATIVE REVIEW, THEY ARE JUST TOO LAZY TO LEARN, PLUS 18 DOLLARS IS HARDLY A DENT IN YOUR WALLET.
Edit: the new interface is quite stunning, in a good way though. I caught on relativily quickly to it since I was familar to the old one, but it may be over whelmening to someone just getting this. So all I have to say is don't give up, because you'll get the hand of it after a bit of using it
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you a lot for your kind review about the new update and using the Stave'n'Tabs! We still continue improving the app to provide you with the top-level musical notation software. As for help materials, updating them is in our near plans. We hope the new manuals and the future updates won't disappoint you either. Great thanks!
Perfect for my use
I had looking an inexpensive program to do sheet music notations and i found this in the App Store while looking Sebelius. I decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did. Only couple thing like to change is having control over the size of the measure between bar lines, the number of measure per line and the spacing between staffs. Its looks a bit crowded, if there's a way to change this let me know.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thanks a lot for your kind review! The future version 5.0 will add support for system/line breaks and custom number of measures per line. Hope you'll enjoy it! For now you can use Layout Customization tool: App menu > Layout > Customization. Feature for setting custom spacings between staffs will be added a bit later. Thank you!
From a fingerstyle guitarist...
I'm enjoying Stave'n'Tabs immensely. In a very few hours, writing in tab has become very efficient, especially using keyboard functions and shortcuts. I work in a variety of alternate tunings, easily customized in the tuning pane. Since I'm primarily an instrumentalist, I use the lyric input to designate a piece's tuning (DADEAD, etc.), and also to indicate harmonics (har.) and other clarifying notations.
Perhaps upcoming versions can incorporate specific input possibilities for tapping and other techniques, but overall Stave'n'Tabs is by far the best app I've tried for my composing process.
I hope Ivan continues to develop the app, and extend my heartfelt appreciation for what he's accomplished.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you a lot for your kind review from all the Stave'n'Tabs team! We constantly work on improving the app and try to make it more powerful and convenient. We hope you will enjoy the future updates with added required features as well. Great thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ivan Korovin
- 106.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
English, French, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2021, Brave Cakes Studio
- In-App Purchases
- Pro version $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.