A simple notation and tab editor, Stave'n'Tabs could become your indispensable helper in music creation. Use smart and convenient tools of Stave'n'Tabs for composing and improving scores on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Get inspired by viewing majestic classics scores or practicing good old jazz. Easily edit sheet music and tablature with user friendly interface like never before. Share musical inspiration with your band using Stave'n'Tabs files.
• Start your new score from the scratch or with one of the two dozen templates
• Enter notes with intuitive instrument-independent interface or virtual Piano Keyboard
• Explore and edit your score with sophisticated Piano Roll and Drums Editor
• Create up to 15 instrument parts
• Choose from 22 groups of the instruments (keyboards, guitars, strings, drums, percussions, etc.) listening their preview fragments
• Use context-sensitive selection for bars, chords and tracks
• Modify notes with dots, tuplets and ties
• Make your music alive with lyrics
• Customize clefs, key signatures and time signatures for bars
• Change dynamics
• Switch between enharmonic equivalents of the notes
• Use customizable voices
• Setup tunings with the large value of presets
• Navigate around the score with Tracks board
• Easily copy, paste and remove selected areas
• Switch fast between tablature and stave inputs
• Edit tabs with easy-to-use numeric keypad or virtual Fingerboard
• Undo and redo actions
• Input notes by Staff Positions
• Set the visibility for instrument parts in the score
• Edit title and information about creators
• Select and customize horizontal, vertical or page layout for your score
• Use Scientific or Helmholtz pitch notation when entering notes
• Add repeat signs and volta brackets
• Don’t worry about losing data thanks to auto-saving
• Connect your MIDI devices to Stave'n'Tabs
Practice your songs
• Play the whole composition or selected fragment
• Customize metronome clicking and countdown
• Change the tempo and track’s audio properties on-the-fly
• Loop the playback of the desired part
• Track non-playable objects with "Highlight issues"
• Use "Starred scales" to determine the chromatic scales most similar to the selected area
• Adjust the semitones of the selected area notes to the chromatic scale
• Customize the chromatic scale for adjustment (in-app purchase)
• Diminish, augment and subdivide note values
• Transpose pitches by semitones
• Browse your projects with convenient file manager
• Store your compositions in iCloud Drive and keep them up-to-date across all your iOS devices
• Create new projects and duplicate existing (up to three editable projects in free version)
• Listen to preview fragments of the scores directly from the files menu
• Open SNT, MIDI, MusicXML, Compressed MusicXML, Guitar Pro (GPX, GP5, GP4, GP3) and Karaoke (KAR) files
• Edit MIDI, MusicXML, Compressed MusicXML, Guitar Pro and Karaoke files (in-app purchase)
• Organize your files from a desktop computer using iTunes or iCloud Drive
• Open files from Mail and other applications (Dropbox, Box, etc.)
• Convert files between supported formats (in-app purchase)
Share your brand-new hits with friends
• Email your scores and tabs right from Stave’n’Tabs
• Open files in other applications (in-app purchase)
• Print your score (in-app purchase)
• Export to PDF (in-app purchase)
• Bug fixes and stability improvements
• Added support for bends: rhythmic bends, grace note bends, prebends, microtone bends, and bend release
• Added Bends menu for choosing between various bend types, e.g. full-step pre-bend or half-step grace note bend or quarter-step slight bend
• Added Bend/Hold/Release item in the Note Relationships menu for smart input of the rhythmic bends, hold, or release
• Improved export to MusicXML
• Improved support for repeats in MIDI files
• Fixed playback issues
• Stability and performance improvements
• Bug fixes
Thanks for your feedbacks and feature requests! They really help and inspire us on our way to the perfect and simple app that could become your true friend in the wonderful world of Music.
Have a good music making w/ Stave’n’Tabs!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
(Please respond) Great app with some very easily correctable flaws
This personally is the most intuitive music notation app I’ve ever used! It seems that combining the staves and tabs world (pun intended lol) created a thing of beauty! Learning curve is pretty low, I was able to figure out most things by looking at the GUI and they’re tutorials are well written.
My only problems with the app are 1) I can’t export the individual parts when exporting 2) There’s no option to write a title and watermark for printing and distributing 3) you can’t micromanage spacing of measures, only an overall spacing feature 4) From my understanding you can’t change the size of the notes on the page. These changes will turn this great app into a solid replacement or companion for major desktop apps like Sibelius and Finale.
I know this can be seen as nitpicking but transcribers live and die by how easy their stuff is to read. I’m a teacher and it’s especially important to have sheet music that’s easy to read and easy to identify. I love this app and that’s why I took the time to write this review. Hope to hear from you guys soon and hopefully see some of these changes make it to future versions.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your kind review with well-detailed suggestions! We'll certainly take into account your very useful ideas when planning future releases. Some of your points are already in the task lists for the following updates (like improving the layout management options) others will be analyzed and added into our working queue. We hope you'll enjoy the future versions of the Stave'n'Tabs. Thank you!
Please Respond Developer
It's a pretty good app and I like it quite a bit. My one complaint is that I don't know how or where to find the symbol that indicates to slide from one fret to another fret when writing guitar tablature. Either I don't know where to find the symbol or maybe this app doesn't come with that feature. If the developer could reply and let me know where to find the symbol I'd really appreciate it. Or if you guys don't have the sliding symbol then please add it into a future update. I'd really appreciate it and I'd definitely give you guys a five star review. I've already recommended this app to a friend of mine and he really likes it.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you a lot for the kind review. Unfortunately, there are no slides in the current version, but that feature is in our task list for the future releases. So, please, stay tuned for the app's updates. Thank you and have a good music making w/Stave'n'Tabs!
Really I love this app , when I prepare this I though it like any other app could and shows how a piano melody and bass together at bottom are playing on piano keys , ( a music file like any that this app supported ) I want to see which note for melody and bass together too on piano keys ( the bottom of this app ) are playing .
At the some of this app past version it was possible only for melody or bass ( not simultaneous for two together ) that which piano keys at the bottom could be seen and playing .
I don’t know why ?
And why we couldn’t have full all piano keys at bottom ?
At like other apps it is one the first ability and preliminary that user see which note ( melody and bass together ) , for every two staff playing on the piano keys .
On this past app only melody or base note could be selected and be seen at piano keys and not for every two together , unfortunately at recent and new version the same this one too ( only one selection ) isn’t possible and omitted now .
Please let me know more , is it any setting may be I don’t did it for ?
My child is not professional player , sometimes He needs to see which note is playing on the piano keys ( simultaneous for melody and bass too ) not for one only .
It is a necessary that this app should have this ability , as l told I don’t know why this preliminary ability is absent ?
Anyway l like this app and l hope adding this ability and more for the next update .
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your useful review! Sorry for disappointing you with the absence of the feature for showing both the piano melody and bass on piano keys. We'll study the ways for improving this and try to provide you with more convenient training functionality in the future updates. Thank you a lot!
- Ivan Korovin
- 154.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- © 2015 - 2019, Brave Cakes Studio
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited projects $6.99
- Additional instruments $4.99
- Advanced composing $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.