The Steam Link app brings desktop gaming to your iPhone or iPad. Just pair an MFI or Steam controller to your device, connect to a computer running Steam on the same local network, and start playing your existing Steam games.
* iPhone or iPad using iOS 11.0 or higher
* Computer running Steam - Windows, Mac, or Linux
* iOS device must be on the same local network as the computer running Steam
For best performance:
* Connect your computer using Ethernet to your 5Ghz WiFi router
* Connect your iOS device to the 5GHz band of your WiFi network
* Keep your iOS device within a reasonable range of your router
* Added chord shortcuts for controllers that are missing the full complement of buttons
Ratings and Reviews
amazing but just needs 2 things
Steam link is just absolutely great and i love it so much!! im able to play The Forest and Friday The 13th and its just so amazing but theres just one problem. i am unable to shift/Run when i play with my buttons on screen so it would be great if there was a button or maybe having to double tap and hold the joystick and is it possible for us to be able to play with our laptop offline and maybe being really really really far apart from our laptop because something like that would be really helpful when trying to play from another location on your phone instead of having to play while your at home 🏡 and okay now this will be the last thing i promise haha but um is there any possible way that the buttons on the controller can be customized in their size because if i have a small phone i wanna make sure i can see a lot of the screen and sometimes some buttons just cover most of the screen so if you guys could cover these things it would be amazing. Thank you so much for your time and you guys are doing amazing so keep at it
You broke Xbox + PS4 controller support on iPadOS & iOS 13 in the latest update
When iOS/iPadOS 13 beta first launch the app worked flawlessly with Xbox and PS4 controllers but the recent update seems to have broken something. I realize this is beta software but loads of people are eager to get their hands on that sweet Xbox/PS4 controller support, so it’d be great if you could fix it while the OS is still in beta!
Basically, it is now asking to setup both controllers immediately when opening the app by mapping each button, but it crashes on the final button (start) and also won’t let me map the guide button (which I know is probably an MFi limitation, but still).
I wish it would just work out of the box like it did before and recognize these controllers similar to the Rotor Riot controller. I realize I’m using beta software hence me only knocking the stars off my review temporarily by one, but I need that sweet Xbox + PS4 controller support back! I’ve had a taste of it and can’t go back now. Tested this on the newest regular iPad and the iPad Pro from 2017, both with the same result.
Great! Needs some work though.
The app works great and it does the job, however there is some room for improvement. It can be buggy at times, here’s the bugs i’ve been able to find:
• The cursor will become invisible if the max resolution is mismatched
• Sometimes control layouts will be mixed up with others or reset completely (I’ve been unable to consistently replicate this one.)
• Occasionally mouse controls will turn itself off
And i’ve also got some simple additions that would make the app much nicer to have:
• Pairing multiple computers
• Disconnect button
• Hotswap mouse control type (radial menu when holding menu button?)
• Change settings without disconnecting
• Option to save control layouts on the device rather than the host system
• Force quit game button on the main menu if the host system has a Steam game running (in case a game has frozen up and cannot be closed remotely)
• Toggle controls button on the menu also selects input type between controller / touch
• Change button chords for missing buttons (i.e. change R Stick click from MENU + B to MENU + DPAD Right
• When the keyboard is open, move the button to the upper half of the screen so it is not blocked by the keyboard
• Connect multiple controllers for multiplayer games
Anyway, great app!
- Valve Corporation
- 29 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Valve Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.