Steamboat Ski and Resort is your official guide to Steamboat Ski Resort, all at your fingertips.
• See which runs are groomed and which closed. Locate yourself on the Steamboat trail map — not a hard-to-read GPS map.†
• Use Glympse to share your location or see your friends' locations on the trail map.†
• Record your runs and log vertical feet and distance. Display your tracks and replay your runs on the trail map. Email images to friends, post them to Facebook and other social media, or view them in Google Earth. Store your logs on iCloud and view them on all your devices. Send your logs to a leaderboard and compare vertical and distance with others at the resort.†
• Find up-to-date information about the mountain, including snow conditions, weather, and webcam images.
• Get up-to-the-minute lift status information.
• Quickly find information about lessons and other programs and amenities.
• Easily locate and contact key places at the resort and in the village with the built in directory.
• Learn about events from the events calendar.
• Get the latest news from Steamboat via the resort's Twitter feed and Facebook posts.
† Location and Logging services require a GPS-equipped device. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• Corrects a problem with display of events.
Ratings and Reviews
Best ski trip.
I have been to MANY places skiing but now I have a child that I have to think of. Steamboat is the most kid friendly place I have ever been but great for people with no kids. The skiing is fantastic. We have been back three years in a row. I have rented my skis from the same place every time. They are like a family. They have helped my son grow in is snowboarding. My son got a new snowboard for Christmas so we carried it to them to have bindings put on it. They where so amazing because each one would walk by and complement his new board. They where genuinely as excited about it as he was. I thought my son would enjoy going to a new place skiing this year but he said no because he feels like we are going to visit our friends in steamboat.
Time to face the music
Steamboat struggled with the success of the Ikon Pass this year. The increased crowds combined with the skeleton crew of employees often created a poor customer experience. Lots of ski areas have lines, but Steamboat had no infrastructure or plan to deal with them. The mazes are laughably small and the uphill capacity was overwhelmed nearly every weekend, leaving a free-for-all at the base of the lifts. The parking situation with limited shuttle buses was a disaster, and lodges were over capacity.
Steamboat needs some serious investment and some active management to handle these new crowds.
This season it really felt like they were caught off guard... for the whole season. That’s not right.
They need to do what they have to to hire the staff to deal with the crowds, (even if that means paying more), and have plans in place to provide the services needed to justify the expensive experience.
Bigger, well organized mazes (rememberer “front line” and trivia from the lifeguard chair at Sundown?)more uphill capacity (hopefully coming this summer), lodges with better flow and capacity, more well trained staff everywhere.
Next year will be a good test of the new ownership and management...
Problem accessing snow report
In the “Snow Report” page, at the bottom, if you scroll the screen up, under the “Mountain Report” section is something that looks like a link to another page, labelled “Snow Report”, but you can’t get to it; when you scroll that far then release, that link scrolls back off the page. I was hoping for a more detailed snow/weather forecast, perhaps something farther out than 3 days.
Also there is no way to contact the app developer that I could see, other than reviews on the app store.
I haven’t used this app in a couple of years, was trying to use it in preparation for an upcoming trip. The version I used previously seemed quite good.
- Resorts Tapped LLC
- 43 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-19 Resorts Tapped LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.