First published in 1911, Stedman's Medical Dictionary features over 107,000 terms and definitions, and is a benchmark for medical reference. 45 prominent medical consultants have reviewed each dictionary entry in the areas of endocrinology, gastroenterology, geriatrics, and rheumatology.
Inside, you'll find high profile terms that allow users to thoroughly develop knowledge of the key concepts in medicine. Entries are listed in Terminologia Anatomica for the Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy as sanctioned by the Federative Committee on Anatomical Terminology and 90% of medical language comes from 1200 Greek and Latin words. To aid in learning these terms, the suffixes, prefixes and combining forms are listed as separate entries, denoting that derivatives stem from them.
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Please stop asking to be rated. You lose stars for that!
I have been using this dictionary for more than 1 year. The definition is generally good although sometimes make me confused a little bit. But the pronunciation is shown in IPA is totally a joke, I can understand how to pronounce just seeing that! And yeah after spending 50$ you probably hope your dictionary have real pronunciation !
About the new update, when you come back to the new search it’s so slow make you touch the screen again and now they put the Download button in that place! So you will be frustrated again and again because it keep jumping to App store! I’m wondering they did that by design not mistake!
Almost every time I open this app it pops up a window asking me to rate it five stars. Fail! If you have to beg me for my approval, you’ve certainly not earned it. I regret spending money for this excrement.
- MobiSystems, Inc.
- 95.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 MobiSystems, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.