Steel Beams Bulk Checker is a fast & easy to use parametric beam checker. Forget the trial and error, no need to select specific beams properties or designations & test one by one for criteria. Here you only need to enter the problem parameters & type of section you need & the app will find all the sections that meet shear, bending & deflection criteria! The results can be sorted by weight, depth, inertia, moduli.
You can literally obtain an optimal design in less than a minute.
- Contains the latest AISC v14 Database.
- Supports both US Custom or Metric Unit systems.
- Searchable & Sortable Results page
- Works with any Yield value up to 65ksi / 450 MPa.
- Select whether or not the self-weight of each beam is to be considered.
- Define bracing @ Beam Ends, Half or Quarter of span, or fully braced.
- Solve for All, first 10 or 50 sections for a given type (in increasing weight order), saving calculation time for shape types with a large number of designations (W, HSS, 2L, etc)
- All your preferences are instantly saved, no need to re-enter a value that does not change between problems.
- Detail window reports max moment and shear, bending & allowed bending stress, shear & allowed shear stress, deflections and problem set-up summary.
- Solve for point load at mid-span or distributed load.
ASD9 based solver
The application checks for bending & shear stresses as the passing criteria. It also reports deflections, it's to the user, however, to decide whether the deflections are within acceptable limits.
Only singly or doubly symmetric shapes are considered, hence, single angles are not included in this release. Double angles (2L) sections are included BUT assumed to be under continuos contact.
Whether you are in the field or in the office, we are sure that you'll find this app very useful.
Should you find any errors or bugs, please contact us at www.TheMobileEngineer.com or email the developer at david@TheMobileEngineer.com and we will immediately get to fix it.
As always, GOOD engineering judgement & experience is needed when using these types of technical applications.
- Maintenance release for iOS13
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not for rectangular tube
I’m not a steel professional, so wasn’t familiar with AISC sections. I thought this would handle calculations for the typical mild steel hollow rectangular sections hobbyists and fabricators weld things out of. It doesn’t do that, it’s only for structural steel used in buildings :-/
Very simple to use; however, it does not allow for you to have multiple load conditions (ie. a uniformly distributed load with a point load included) in your input and it limits you to only L/240 deflection. Also in the very rare condition where you find yourself designing a beam with only a point load (w/L over 240), it doesn’t allow you to input a specific distance from a moment to the point load. It automatically just puts it at midspan. No one designs to that. My clients require me to design with a minimum essential design... & that is worse case scenario. It is so minimal, that I find it totally useless.
Worth every penny-and accurate!
Simple, easy-to-use app that will allow you to determine which beam is the right one for your needs. Calculations appear to be right on the money. I used this app to confirm the deflection of a single point load in an I-beam and the measured deflection matched the deflection calculated by this app to within a couple thousandths of an inch. Really made beam load 'what-ifs' easy and quick. Definately worth the money and the developer has been very quick to respond with thorough answers to my questions. Thanks!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.