Join the Universal Stellar Racing League to earn fame and fortune flying its dangerous amateur, semi-pro and professional circuits.
See beautiful sights throughout the solar systems while racing against the clock.
Upgrade your way to the top from a clunker in the amateur league to a streamlined high performance starship in the pros.
- Free to play!
- Stellar Racer presently spans several solar systems. Each system has its own unique feel, tracks and side gigs.
- Over 25 different starship designs to choose from with several different models of each.
- Mission designer and Starship design allow you to create your own adventure
- High levels of starship customization.
From major components like thrusters to ship colors, logo and cup holders.
- Customize your own interface colors and captain insignia!
- Hack ads, buoys and mines to show off your logo and protect yourself.
- Manage starship power levels to maximize your performance.
- Travel through time.
- Buzz the crowds to gain popularity.
- Get corporate sponsors to earn extra credits and fame.
- Cash in on your achievements for credits, fame and more.
Having any problems or suggestions? I'd love to hear them.
Be aware that Stellar Racer was not made for iPad minis. Sorry!
- Bug removal
- Text changes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Feel like the space racer you want to be
Been looking for a mobile game like this for a while without even realizing it. It's got cool to spare to start off with. Set in a grungy beat-up galaxy that's also hip enough to have a small-craft outerspace racing circuit, the tone reminded me of the animes Redline and Cowboy Bebop at times, though not as out-there as the former nor as moody as the latter. Another touchstone is the Expanse and similar somewhat hard sci-fi.
The crafts' reliance on fore and aft thrusters and the game's use of real-feeling, somewhat Newtonian physics is the central gameplay conceit. Combined with gravity wells around planets (and other objects) that you can whip around for extra speed if you hit them at the right angles and use your thrusters smart, it gives you that hot-shot sci-fi pilot feeling I know you're looking for.
A 2D plane also makes this much more manageable for casual play that something, like say, Kerbal Space program where momentum, intertia, and gravity interplay in much more complicated ways because of the three spatial dimensions.
Fun, imaginative game
Let me be up front about this: I am heavily biased. I know the developer, and I know what a labor of love this has been for him. With that said, I’m enjoying the game thoroughly. The controls are good (even on my first, basic ship), and the courses are varied and interesting. The graphics and atmosphere are well thought out and immersive, and there are clever details that hint at a universe of backstory without forcing it on the player.
Yes, I know the developer, but the question is would I enjoy the game even if I didn’t? Well, I can hack advertising buoys. I can make mines malfunction. I can slingshot around gravity wells, and I can use inertial drifting to slalom through gates like a lunatic. I laugh at some of the great names, and I would find this a fun game no matter who designed it - if you’ve read this far, you should just go ahead and try it out.
In spite of the fact that it's a bit too fast paced for my current skill level, I will continue to work on my agility with his game. I like the sounds, clever descriptions, and comments but especially amazed with the graphics!
I've watched the preview several times and enjoyed feeling the "rumble" while I soar through outer space. Fun!
- Chad Dunlap
- 359.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Chad Dunlap
- In-App Purchases
- Tasty Tasty Credit Bytes $1.99
- Tentacle Full Of Credits $4.99
- Suspicious Crate Of Credits $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.