Stellarium Mobile Plus is a planetarium app that shows exactly what you see when you look up at the stars.
Identify stars, constellations, planets, comets, satellites (such as the ISS), and other deep sky objects in real time in the sky above you in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application has an easy to use and minimalist user interface, that makes it one of the best astronomical applications for adults and children who want to explore the night sky.
This Plus version will also satisfy the most demanding astronomy enthusiasts thanks to its massive collection of sky objects (up to magnitude 22 versus magnitude 10 in the standard version) and advanced observing features for controlling telescopes or preparing observing sessions.
Stellarium Mobile Plus features:
• View an accurate night sky simulation of stars and planets for any date, time and location.
• Dive in a collection of many stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects.
• Discover how people living in other regions of the planet see the stars by selecting the shapes and illustrations of the constellations for many sky cultures.
• Track artificial satellites, including the International Space Station.
• Simulate landscape and atmosphere with realistic sunrise, sunset and atmosphere refraction.
• Discover 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites.
• Observe the sky in night mode (red) to preserve your eyes adaptation to darkness.
• Reach the limit of knowledge by diving in a massive collection of stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects:
- All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog of over 1.69 billion stars
- All known planets, natural satellites and comets, and many other minor solar system objects (10k asteroids)
- Most known deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 2 million nebulas and galaxies
• Zoom almost without limits on high resolution images of deep sky objects or planetary surfaces.
• Observe in the field, even without internet connection, with a "reduced" set of data: 2 million stars, 2 million Deep Sky Objects, 10k asteroids.
• Prepare your observing sessions using the advanced observation tools, to predict a celestial object observability and transit times.
Stellarium Mobile Plus is made by the original creator of Stellarium, the well known open source planetarium and one of the best astronomy applications on Desktop PC.
Fix two minor bugs in meteor showers and time zones support.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Perfect for a serious user
I rarely write reviews, but I will for this app. In fact, I think this is my first.
In this app I finally found the pocket star atlas I’ve been looking for. Not too heavy on eye candy, and instead full of features I need for observation sessions, well thought-out right at your fingertips. Coordinate grid, both equatorial and alt-az. Ability to zoom in and tweak the maximum displayed magnitude to match what’s in the eyepiece. A very nice daily summary of observable planets and satellites. Easy to pull up object coordinates. Activating the live view mode by tilting the phone app is ingenious. Six stars out of five.
Great in Theory
The idea behind this app great. When put to use though, you need to know where to look for constellations and stars before using the app. Using it to locate Comet Neowise was next to impossible for a beginner. By the description I understood that by pointing the camera skyward the screen would show me where the Comet was in relationship to other well known items. I tried to see The Big Dipper which was just about directly overhead. I started the app and it said Porterville current view or something to those words. Could not locate the big dipper on my phone doing a search or just pointing the camera up. I followed all instructions and could not locate anything. $9.99 and it is nowhere near as easy as described. Very disappointed. Still guessing what I am looking at when I look at the night sky.
Chiron Never Looked So Good
Wow. This is by far the best Astronomy tool I have used in a long time! The alternative apps I have used have not matched up compared to this one. It has very smooth graphics, it’s beautiful, and by far the best perk: you can move the phone to uncover what the sky looked like when you were born! I also purchased this Pro because 22 magnitude objects are included and I wanted to see Chiron (at about 16m) the standard only showing 10 magnitude.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.