Cut back on drinking with support and tracking from Step Away. Step Away provides the tools and strategies that empower you to create a new relationship with alcohol
Have you been thinking of cutting back on drinking? Have other people expressed concern that you may be struggling with alcohol addiction? Are you ready to step away from your old drinking habits and begin your journey toward a new life?
Step Away is a mobile intervention system that will help you change your drinking habits privately and effectively, whether you want to cut back or stop drinking altogether.
With Step Away, you have instant access to useful tools, proven strategies and helpful feedback on your progress - all available with a touch on your personal iPhone.
The features and information provided within Step Away stem from decades of research on effective interventions for alcohol addiction treatment.
Step Away has been shown to substantially reduce drinking. Across numerous research studies, people who use Step Away have cut down the days they spent engaged in heavy drinking by 60% and to reduce their overall number of drinks consumed by 50-65%.
Step Away will be your personal assistant as you go through the process of changing your drinking. It provides the structure you need to help you stop altogether or to reduce your drinking to safe levels. The app empowers you by helping you keep track of your progress, celebrate goals and learn new tools for managing things like having urges to drink. No need to wait until your next meeting with your counselor to receive help. Immediate help will be right there on your iPhone.
In a nutshell, Step Away will help you to:
• Become more aware of your drinking patterns and triggers.
• Set an overall drinking goal (to either stop drinking OR moderate your drinking) and give you excellent feedback on the home screen.
• Reward yourself when you meet your goals.
• Stay in control when you are feeling tempted to drink by providing immediately available tools.
• Learn new and helpful strategies for dealing with cravings, bad moods and boredom.
• Keep you on track during your personally defined “high risk times” for drinking.
• Remind yourself about your reasons for making a change when you are feeling like drinking or are in a tempting situation.
• Set up a support team and reach out for help when you need it.
• Share your progress with others (family, friends or health care provider).
• Monitor your progress through weekly reports on your drinking, your triggers and your mood.
• Help you prepare for “high risk events” in the coming week - and strategically avoid alcohol triggers.
• Identify alternate (non-drinking) activities and schedule them directly into your calendar.
Terms and Condition - https://stepaway.biz/terms-and-conditions/
Text updates and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This app has really helped me get on top of a tough problem. It keeps me on track and has info in the modules that is really useful. It takes some time to setup and go through but for me it's been worth it.
I just started using Step Away, but so far it looks like a great program to help us deal with a difficult and subversive problem. Thank you to the makers for creating a solid platform to help!
Great Moderation Solution
Unlike other apps focused on abstinence, Step Away lets you create your own moderation journey by setting goals, tracking, monitoring, and reducing your alcohol intake - to help you control and change your behavior.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Here and Now Systems LLC
- 114 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2013, 2014 Here and Now Systems LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Step Away Monthly Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.