"STEPPOLYARP" IS NOW REPLACED BY "STEPPOLYARP UNIT"
*** PLEASE CHECK FOR "STEPPOLYARP UNIT" ON THE APP STORE ***
StepPolyArp is a real-time Midi arpeggiator to control Midi instruments, sequencers like Logic, Cubase, Live, and all other Midi sequencers, or even other virtual instruments installed on the same iPad. The arpeggiator can automatically generate melodic patterns from notes or chords played in real time.
Although, StepPolyArp is specially designed to operate in Midi, it has own internal sounds bank to use it independently.
Rated "Killer Application" by App4iDevices.
• 1 to 32 steps programmable matrix
• 16 patterns by preset
• Polyrhythm lines
• Automatic chaining patterns
• 11 configurable transposition lines
• Features copy and paste
• 8 octaves resizable keyboard
• Internal sound bank
• Tap tempo
• Receiving Midi notes and control from external devices
• External Midi sync (Midi Clock)
• Midi over wifi latency compensation
• Internal routing of inputs, outputs and Midi sync
• Send Midi to a virtual port that can be used as Midi input by other Core Midi compatible applications managing multitasking on the same device
• Velocity, modulation, pan, volume, aftertouch and pitch bend step controller
• Customizable step controller Midi datas
• The arpeggiator and keyboard fit the selected scale
• 6 arpeggiator modes
• 1 random mode
• 1 chord mode
• Unlimited number of saves
• Random patterns creation
• Presets manager
• iCloud and iCloud Drive support
• Presets shared between computer and iPad using iTunes 9.1 or later
• Presets available from "Files" application
• Full support of "Split View" and "Slide Over"
• 128 Undo/Redo levels
• Lockable keyboard (latch mode)
Supported Midi connections:
• Midi over Bluetooth
• Midi Wifi Network (RTP Midi)
• Apple USB camera connection kit
• Any Core Midi compatible interface
Inter Applications connections:
• Ableton Link (sync)
• Apple Inter-App Audio connection (Midi, audio, sync, transport control)
• Audiobus support (Midi, audio, transport control, state saving)
• An iPad with iOS 8 or later
• Fixed an issue with MIDI over Bluetooth on iPadOS 13
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app but only a single arpeggiator
I wish you could control two (or more) different synths with two different arpeggio sequences. My be could be accomplished by making it an audio unit. This app is good but it is rarely updated and cannot rate it five stars.
It works but there is a replacement
Was happy with the original purchase but, it’s pretty disappointing that now there is a major AudioUnit update which requires a new purchase of a new app that is practically identical to this with no other obvious improvements.
Not like this original app isn’t still updated. It has been recently made to fit newer ipads. Seems like a jab to existing customers. Not forking the $$.
This is a wonderful midi sequencer. It's the sequencer I wish the Bass Station 2 had on board. I appreciate the deep midi implementation and customizations, external sync is also welcome. Custom pattern length, realtime pattern switching with a virtually endless memory (16 patterns per preset but endless presets.) it has nearly all the features I want and then some.
The only feature I would like added is 64 step or longer patterns. Implementing a "play previous pattern at end" option in the pattern menu would do the same thing, as you could link two patterns to go back and forth. This would be a similar functionality to Ableton's "follow action" feature.
Otherwise, perfect for sequencing external midi synths.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.