"STEPPOLYARP" IS NOW REPLACED BY "STEPPOLYARP UNIT"
*** PLEASE CHECK FOR "STEPPOLYARP UNIT" ON THE APP STORE ***
StepPolyArp is a real-time Midi arpeggiator to control Midi instruments, sequencers like Logic, Cubase, Live, and all other Midi sequencers, or even other virtual instruments installed on the same iPad. The arpeggiator can automatically generate melodic patterns from notes or chords played in real time.
Although, StepPolyArp is specially designed to operate in Midi, it has own internal sounds bank to use it independently.
Rated "Killer Application" by App4iDevices.
• 1 to 32 steps programmable matrix
• 16 patterns by preset
• Polyrhythm lines
• Automatic chaining patterns
• 11 configurable transposition lines
• Features copy and paste
• 8 octaves resizable keyboard
• Internal sound bank
• Tap tempo
• Receiving Midi notes and control from external devices
• External Midi sync (Midi Clock)
• Midi over wifi latency compensation
• Internal routing of inputs, outputs and Midi sync
• Send Midi to a virtual port that can be used as Midi input by other Core Midi compatible applications managing multitasking on the same device
• Velocity, modulation, pan, volume, aftertouch and pitch bend step controller
• Customizable step controller Midi datas
• The arpeggiator and keyboard fit the selected scale
• 6 arpeggiator modes
• 1 random mode
• 1 chord mode
• Unlimited number of saves
• Random patterns creation
• Presets manager
• iCloud and iCloud Drive support
• Presets shared between computer and iPad using iTunes 9.1 or later
• Presets available from "Files" application
• Full support of "Split View" and "Slide Over"
• 128 Undo/Redo levels
• Lockable keyboard (latch mode)
Supported Midi connections:
• Midi over Bluetooth
• Midi Wifi Network (RTP Midi)
• Apple USB camera connection kit
• Any Core Midi compatible interface
Inter Applications connections:
• Ableton Link (sync)
• Apple Inter-App Audio connection (Midi, audio, sync, transport control)
• Audiobus support (Midi, audio, transport control, state saving)
• An iPad with iOS 8 or later
• Fixed an issue with the pop-over event that could not be fully seen under some circumstances
Ratings and Reviews
Nice app but only a single arpeggiator
I wish you could control two (or more) different synths with two different arpeggio sequences. My be could be accomplished by making it an audio unit. This app is good but it is rarely updated and cannot rate it five stars.
It works but there is a replacement
Was happy with the original purchase but, it’s pretty disappointing that now there is a major AudioUnit update which requires a new purchase of a new app that is practically identical to this with no other obvious improvements.
Not like this original app isn’t still updated. It has been recently made to fit newer ipads. Seems like a jab to existing customers. Not forking the $$.
This app was on my "wish list" since I first saw it. I waited a month or so before I actually bought it and it quickly became one of those apps that I look at and say,"why did I wait so long...?"
The app allows you to create simple or complex patterns and send those patterns to other apps/devices. The app is SUPER responsive. The in app keyboard and response is so quick and seamless that I sometimes find myself going to this app just to use its keyboard when using my iPad with my Mac and a midi network connection over wifi. The sequencer is very easy to grasp and changes to the patterns are instantly transmitted to my DAW.
The app,like another reviewer mentioned is so clean and well designed that the developers should be cleaning up apps other have made all over the store. I would say that this is a pretty accurate statement. This app is so much fun to use with other apps(virtual midi connectios) even if you didn't have any outboard gear/software the experience of that function alone is worth the app right there. I am not a pro. I am just a passionate user that LOVes his iPad,apps,and electronic music. This app fits perfectly in my set up and I wouldn't have any issue telling every one I meet to quit waiting and buy this app NOW!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.