Steps by Reactable is a small yet powerful MIDI sequencer that allows you to create complex rhythmic patterns in a surprising new way. Forget piano rolls and experiment with Steps’ inspiring dials. With Steps you can control any MIDI compatible app, send MIDI over network to your laptop or any other compatible device, and even synchronize external hardware analog synths such as Korg Volcas or Pocket Operators via an audio cable.
- Plug and play MIDI-out system automatically sends to all available MIDI input ports and our own virtual port.
- Bluetooth LE MIDI support
- Audiobus 3 Support as MIDI and Audio Sender
- Connect your iDevice with an external MIDI interface and control MIDI hardware.
- Synchronize external hardware synths such as Korg Volca or Pocket operators via the audio output.
- A carefully designed user interface that allows you to quickly switch between performance to editing mode.
- Play together with Ableton Link and sync multiple apps and devices over WiFi.
- Global Swing function (50% - 75%) - applied automatically to eight and sixteenth notes.
- Save and recall sequences, seamlessly during playback.
- Global bpm control ranging from 20 to 999 BPM.
- Global Gate level allows global control of note duration.
- Global MIDI velocity control.
- Global Glide function applies pitch bend to small distances between adjacent steps (if the synth being controlled supports pitch bend).
- Global transpose ribbon allows for easy transposition of the entire pattern.
- Step pitch preview function (available while transport is stopped).
Now supporting iPhones and iPads.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, Novel Sequencer
The thing I wish I had known before I bought it: Steps is a single, 8-note sequencer. Each note can repeat up to 8 times, but that’s not the same thing as a 64-note sequencer.
That said, it’s nice UI putting together a melodic line on a phone. The dials make an interesting, if not particularly earth-shattering, sequencer interface. Build is solid, got it working with Animoog on Audiobus in just a few minutes.
Don't be like me
Read through an app before you buy it. If you buy it read the facts on it. Great app, user error may happen.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the misconception but STEPS is a MIDI sequencer that sends notes to other apps or devices that produce the sound. The pulse sound you hear when "Send External Hardware Sync" is selected is intended as a clock signal to other hardware Synthesizers to stay at the same BPM.
In the video
you can see we are using it next to the pocket operators so that their clocks go at the same time. The notes themselves are generated with the Korg Volca Sample via the MIDI cable.
Sorry for the confusion, we tried to be very explicit about this but will keep working to communicate it better. If this information helped please reconsider changing or removing the review and we will make our communications on the functionality more evident.
the Reactable Team
Another Amazing Product!
This with the SNAP drum app seem to represent a new direction for apps....performance!
How many piano rolls does a person need?
This is no piano roll or old school sequencer.
How nice would it be to rework whole sequences with a swipe of finger?
Intuitive to the point of a primal connection with the tactile sensation and music alterations.
Love this app like all this company's app.
MIDI channel and cc control options and maybe add another whole sequences to have like 4 pages of steps - 1 each color and control more than 1 app, chord creations, or act as an LFO with cc control.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.